Photo

Can't change Layout Dimensions

Best Answer Danny , 16 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

Hi,

You're currently using Platform Pro version 1.5.3, can you please update to the latest version, be sure to perform a backup as a precaution. Once updated, check to see if you can change your sidebars width.

If the issue persists, would it be possible for you to install a free application called Jing. Jing captures anything you see on your computer screen, as an image or short video, and lets you share it instantly.

Once installed, record your issue, upload it and in your reply, provide a link to the screencast.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 2203

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Hello

I'l like to enlarge my global content width and reduce my sidebar 1 width but can't manage to change the figures from our back office. I'm pretty sure I've done it from there in the past... Could it be some compatibility issues with a pluggin? Can you make the change directly from a php file ?

I have 6 blogs using this template. I'd like to switch from 3 columns to 2 and manage to change the columns' width for all of them.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

To troubleshoot your issue, please deactivate ALL active non-PageLines plugins and see if the problem persists. If the problem does not persist, re-activate each plugin one at a time and keep checking your site each time to spot the problem plugin. When you spot it, please leave that plugin deactivated since it was causing the issue in the first place.

#3 2203

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Good idea. But that's gonna take a while.... I was hoping for a shortcut to spot what was wrong. Oh well.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

Unfortunately, there isn't a shortcut for deactivating plugins. Please deactivate your plugins and let us know if the problem persists.

#5 2203

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

I have now disactivated all my pluggins and I am still encountering the same problem.

I have clicked on "reset layout" and it enlarged the global content width to 1200, so that's a strart.

I'd now like to reduce the sidebar size.

Any clue on why I can't adjust the columns and data ?

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:28 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

You're currently using Platform Pro version 1.5.3, can you please update to the latest version, be sure to perform a backup as a precaution. Once updated, check to see if you can change your sidebars width.

If the issue persists, would it be possible for you to install a free application called Jing. Jing captures anything you see on your computer screen, as an image or short video, and lets you share it instantly.

Once installed, record your issue, upload it and in your reply, provide a link to the screencast.

#7 2203

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

Thank you Danny.

I could not manage to find where to upload Plateform pro 1.6 :-(

So I've decided it was time to migrate to Pageline 2.0... Wish me luck !

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

OK, thanks for informing us and good luck :D

#9 samisam

samisam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

I'm running into the same issue on a clean 1.6 installation with no plugins except Jetpack.

Any ideas??

#10 samisam

samisam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Issue has been resolved.  It's a firefox issue!  IE displays the page correctly and gives me the controls i need.  Please take notice of this!!! :D