Photo
- - - - -

Social icons showing up 1.5x

social icons hooker hooks

Best Answer James B , 11 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

Hi there, there's nothing in the html code that duplicates, it works fine when i pasted into a post to test. But you have forgotten to close the div tag at the end.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mbreese1

mbreese1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Framework Version:Pro

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

Well I'm just a question-asking fool this week!

FYI- my site is in maintenance mode.

So, I needed to use hooks to add change/add social icons. I didn't have the brain space to figure out hooks, so I bought the hooker plugin. I added the following html to pagelines_before_branding_icons hook:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The icons are great and lined up nicely and exactly where they are supposed to be except... 4 of them are repeated on the left side of the page above my fixednav bar. What in the world is going on??

Also, I just noticed that the code for the errant icons actually matches the Pagelines code for the included social icons that you edit in Site Options. WHY? What in the world did I do wrong this time?

***UPDATE*** Weird freaking other thing happened in sync with the extra icons- my logo is no greyed out or has some opacity applied when I'm not hovering on it. This is new. I didn't do this. Well, I obviously did it but I don't know how. Oh god, make it end.

Bree :(

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

This works:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:03 PM   Best Answer

Hi there, there's nothing in the html code that duplicates, it works fine when i pasted into a post to test. But you have forgotten to close the div tag at the end.

#4 mbreese1

mbreese1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Framework Version:Pro

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

So embarassed. It totally was user error. I'm not going to share the level of duh- but that you for your time, again :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: social icons, hooker, hooks