• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 vburnham

vburnham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

I am having the darndest time figuring this one out. My website looks fine and everything is in position when my browser is in full screen mode. But whenever I minimize or adjust the size of the browser, suddenly everything stacks on top of each other and my menu items disappear. Can anyone tell me how I fix this so everything stays in position and scroll bars will appear instead?

Thanks!

www.trifuse.org

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hi there, 

In your layout editor you'll have mobile view enabled, a responsive site will stack items on top of each other to best fit the device.

For more info see the 'disable mobile view' info on -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 vburnham

vburnham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried what you recommended and it still is stacking. I'm referring to my computer screen as well. If I switch to any of the of other layout modes then my sections get cut off, so I don't want to do that.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

Hi again

I've got my site set up like -

and with the disable mobile view selected.

On my desktop browser window if I shrink it the site still shows the responsiveness and stacks. When I look directly on the mobile it doesn't, I have a full version of the site shrunk down like

#5 vburnham

vburnham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:29 AM

I'm sorry. I don't mean to be a nuscance but my problem isn't with my mobile view. I'm trying to fix how it appears on my computer. Whenever I change any of those pagelines options it makes it look different than what I want. I have full screen sections that I want to keep and the other options don't allow that.

Is what I am asking make sense?

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

Hi there, no worries :-)

You can set the site to static pixels in the layout editor and still have full width sections.

I'm not sure what you mean you say its cuts off the sections. If you could send us a screenshot showing what happens we might be able to suggest a css solution.

On either of the responsive setups there are trigger widths which cause the various elements change appearance based on the width of the browser window as it scales down which is why you're seeing the layout adjust and the menu change to a different display.

#7 vburnham

vburnham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:32 AM

That fixes the layout problem, but notice how my slider that says "Trifuse A community for Triathlete Moms" doesn't extend to the edge of the browser? Normally it does. Thanks for all your help.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15120 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

Hi,

The area that says Trifuse A Community for Triathlete Moms is a third party section called Wicker. Therefore, we are unable to provide support, I recommend you create a topic in our Store products forums and select the Wicker product from the drop down when creating your topic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: layout, browser size