Photo
- - - - -

Can't control sections in page option setup > product archive

jigoshop page option setup product archive

Best Answer James B , 11 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

Hi there, I see you've updated your main thread. Yes the product archive will only control the sections on the main product archive page, not for single product pages, that can only be done through the meta on each product page unfortunately. The way around this would be to set the highlight to hide by default in the sitewide options, then turn on it on only for the page you want it to display. That way you wouldn't have to turn it off each time you add a new product.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mbreese1

mbreese1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Framework Version:Pro

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

I am SO happy with almost everything in my rad Pagelines Pro site except the stupid product archive template dealie. All I need to do is check the "hide highlight" option on Product Archive- Basic Template and have it actually work.

I've tried disabling plugins. Doesn't change a dadblammed thing.

I'm using a base theme- does that matter?

Please help me. This is making me a wee bit crazy.

Bree

**EDIT- so, I found that I can hide the highlight on each individual product page (pain in the butt!) but it would be lovely if the template options actually worked. Will it ever? Please and thanks :)
B

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

Which shop are you using? Jigoshop?

#3 mbreese1

mbreese1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

Oh gosh- sorry. Yes, Jigoshop with the Pagelines plugin. 

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4983 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:47 PM   Best Answer

Hi there, I see you've updated your main thread. Yes the product archive will only control the sections on the main product archive page, not for single product pages, that can only be done through the meta on each product page unfortunately. The way around this would be to set the highlight to hide by default in the sitewide options, then turn on it on only for the page you want it to display. That way you wouldn't have to turn it off each time you add a new product.

#5 mbreese1

mbreese1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Thanks again, James!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jigoshop, page option setup, product archive