Photo
- - - - -

Super admin feature i PageLine framework?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 560 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Framework Version:Pagelines v2.4.3 and DMS

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

Hi!

As I am developing sites for a lot of people using PageLine framework. Would it be possible to have a feature that would leave out the settings in PageLines. I mean, If I create a site for somebody. maybe I dont want them to tamper with settings or to have access to my account. If there was a "super admin" feature that I could use as a developer and than leave the site with a "admin user" That would prevent them from accessing PageLie framework or other things of my choosing. The store for one.

I know there are plugs for this. But it would be great if it would be a feature within the framework!

Thanks!

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

Hi Pehja I'll pass the suggestion for you.

Currently if you set the new user up to any role below admin that will hide the pagelines tab so they can't affect the settings. You could just set them up on the highest one under the admin level so they'd still be able to edit the pages/posts and all the other bits, just not access the pagelines tab.

#3 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 560 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

Thanks! I know that I can use editor and other rolles. But if the site have e.g. shop the shop will not be accessible without administrator capabilities. So in short a site that can use all the administrators capabilities without PageLines general settings

would be greate.

I often think of this when creating a site for a client. Ands as I said there are other solutions to this. But I just wanted PageLines to be even better ;-)

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15848 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

In my opinion this isn't related to PageLines but Wordpress, there is also a few plugins you can use incombination with one another that will allow you to do what you like.

AG Custom Admin

http://wordpress.org...g-custom-admin/

User Access Manager

http://wordpress.org...access-manager/

Members

http://wordpress.org...lugins/members/

#5 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 560 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

In my opinion it is. However I can not force you to do anything, Only give you suggestion on how to improve your product to us the customer that buy and use it. An as I stated earlier I know there are plugs for this.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15848 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

This is not related to PageLines. PageLines Framework is a theme framework and doesn't have any control over your Wordpress users. This feature will not improve PageLines Framework but will only lead to a bloated product and confusion amongst some of our users, as it will add a number of options that most users will never use or understand.

If you wish to have more control to manage your Wordpress users, you will need to use plugins that hook into the Wordpress roles and capability features, such as the plugins I linked above.