Photo
- - - - -

Using div tac and images in WP Text Editor

Best Answer Danny , 11 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

You seem to have a rather odd Wordpress setup, which is most likely the cause of your issue. I recommend you revert back to a standard installation of Wordpress. I have just added your code to my test site and had no such issue.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bbudeck

bbudeck

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt
  • Framework Version:Pro

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

Hi Forum.

I tried to use this code in the WP Text Editor and it works (I'm using several of thise divs to create multi-column content):

<div class="row" style="padding-top: 40px;">
<div class="span2 tac">
<i class="icon-file"></i>
</div>
<div class="span4">
<h3 class="zmt"><a title="Documentation" href="/docs/">Dokumentation</a></h3>
some text

</div>

</div>

But after opening the page for editing once again in Text Editor view of WP the line <div class="span2 tac"></div> is missing the image file that I had placed there before. The image gets displayed on the website though, if I do not update the page with the empty div. If I do update, the images disappear from the website.

Is this an WP editor issue? AM I not allowed to use <div class="span2 tac"></div> like this? I got the idea from the pagelines docs though, or is this only meant to be used in the php template itself, not the content?

I am a bit confused. I'd like to make use of the multi-column layout in page content to build navigation pages for many topics/subpages, which is not really possible by using the TinyMCE Editor mode of WP...

Any help appreciated.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15680 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Hi,

I recommend you disable all non-PageLines plugins and see if this resolves the issue.

Also, can you enable PageLines Debug mode, PageLines > Site Options > Advanced.

Are you using multisite ?

#3 bbudeck

bbudeck

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

Hi,

I disabled all non-Pagelines Plugins. Then enabled pagelines debug mode (though this didn't give me any additional output anwhere).

We are not using multisite in the sense that we activated network settings. Our admin installed WP 3.5.1 though and made it available for different subdomains and domains somehow. That means the core WP files are a single installation, the plugins and themese are shared but I log into different wp-admin pages to work on the content... it sounds strange, yes and it seems to cause all sorts of problems when making changes to themes and plugins (the information does not update reliably between the different websites) as well as to media library uploads...

Also I don't know how we can use a single WP installment for different domains, featuring different subdomains. For example we would like to host xqueue.de and support.xqueue.de, maileon. com and dev.maileon com and so on. I guess we need a single WP for each top domain? Ok, this is a completely different topic.

Back to the issue: the <i></i> tags still disappear when I switch to Visual and back to Text Editor view in TinyMCE. I guess it's an editor/admin panel issue. Unfortunately Text view is not real HTML/Sourcecode view and I don't know how to tell WP to make me edit the Sourcecode if necessary. Plugins like Advanced TinyMCE don't work (which could be related to the messed up pseudo multisite setup). I guess we will have to fix this thing first before we investigate individual plugin/editor issues.

Don't know why the admins did that. I would be totally ok with running 2 or 4 WP instances. :) I would also need different plugins for different sites, and I don't want to kill another site by deactivating a shared plugin run in one, too.... (as you see we are bloody noobs at WP).

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15680 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:02 AM   Best Answer

You seem to have a rather odd Wordpress setup, which is most likely the cause of your issue. I recommend you revert back to a standard installation of Wordpress. I have just added your code to my test site and had no such issue.

#5 bbudeck

bbudeck

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

Yes, I think that's the problem. Thanks for proof that it's not the code :)

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15680 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

No problem.