Photo
- - - - -

Feature Section not working properly

Best Answer James B , 11 April 2013 - 02:52 AM

Ok nice easy one :-)

You were putting the image in the wrong place, you had it in the 'set featured image' tab, which is what you would do for a post or page - http://screencast.com/t/9j3Z54Ox

For the featured slider the image needs to be set in the slider meta below - http://screencast.com/t/PLLj85Zchi9

I've set this for you now so you should be able to see it on the site. You can re-enable your plugins now, all good.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

Hi, so my website is www.headedforgreatness.com and i made add a feature slider to the website a few days ago. I wanted to update it right now. But the problem is, when I add the image and check the website. The image is not loaded. The slider loads with an empty image..... i was wondering what could be the possible problems... Really would appreciate your help.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

Hi there, I see all the images in your slider -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Make sure the slide is published and that the image is showing in the meta settings for the slide as loaded before leaving the page, in case you're moving onto the next page before the settings are fully saved. You're adding the image into the feature slider meta settings aren't you?

#3 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

James... the reason why all my slides are showing right now is because I deleted the slides that were not showing.. which were all the new ones.... and also before I puslished the feature I made sure the image was showing in the meta setting. 

#4 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:48 AM

If you want I can upload any image right now and it wont show in the slider for some reason..

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

Yeah if you could upload a new slide, we'll see what happens live on the page and can take a closer look for you.

#6 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

Just loaded up the new image.... Any new image is the same result for some reason. You can take a look at it. Its the first one on the slider. Blank

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:27 AM

Yeah its not showing the image being inserted in the code -

Can you take a screenshot of the slide settings for me. Are you seeing the image you uploaded in the media library?

#8 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:38 AM

I just checked my media library. It's showing in there.... But when i click features to see all of my features its not loading up the image... What do you want a screen shot of?  

#9 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

Go into Pagelines>site options>advanced and check the debug tab.

Disable any third party plugins for the minute so we can see if there's any differences and if possible take a screen shot of the meta settings area inside the slid setup page in case we can see anything off in there for you.

#10 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

I have enabled the debug tab and there is no change. Also its not letting me paste the screen shot for me to post it...

#11 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

The debug tab won't change anything, it will just let us take a look at the setup.

Ok you have a caching plugin active, you'll need to dump the cache file for the plugin first and then deactivate, the cache plugins are good for speeding up the site once it's setup, but can cause issues when you're developing the site as you can't see the changes instantly. As we're testing if you could disable all the other plugins so we can see if it makes any changes.

You can post your screenshot to and then drop the link in here and we'll be able to see it.

#12 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:23 AM

I deactivated all of the pluggins but its still the same result...I'll take the screen shot right now and load it up.

#13 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

When I click the image you posted its not loading for some reason... but I can just tell you I havent touched any of the meta settings for the features. Everything is on Select or the text field is empty.

#14 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:32 AM

Ah maybe the forums stripping our the urls.

If you're happy to set up a new admin level user and email the username and password to hello @ pagelines . com we'll have to log in and take a look at what's happening in the admin area for you.

#15 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

definitly. thank you very much... I have been having another problem. this one is minor thats why i never brought it up. but whenever I am in the custom css. i cannot use the mouse to scroll down. I'll send my info right now

#16 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:41 AM

can i still work on my website while you guys are logged in?

#17 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:52 AM   Best Answer

Ok nice easy one :-)

You were putting the image in the wrong place, you had it in the 'set featured image' tab, which is what you would do for a post or page -

For the featured slider the image needs to be set in the slider meta below -

I've set this for you now so you should be able to see it on the site. You can re-enable your plugins now, all good.

#18 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:55 AM

OHHHHH.... sorry about that.... Thanks James. Did you guys also get a chance to take a look at the custom css problem I was having? If not thats fine, its not a big deal

#19 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:03 AM

I haven't seen a post relating to css for you. Only one for a login and another for the custom navigation. If you have a link to the thread drop it in here and I'll take a look.

#20 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:16 AM

No worries... Thanks for your help James. I actually have one more question. If you look at my home page. which is www.headedforheadlines.com Take a look at the fixed nav bar. You see how the Home is darker than the nav bar. Well i want to put a border around it. I know the css code is border:2px; but my question is where do I put that because I'm having trouble finding it on FireBug.