• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 climbur

climbur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

I am brand new to PageLines and am using it to build Climbur.com. What's the best way to add in the tagline, ad space and social sharing buttons on my Photoshop design to the header region of my PL site? You can see the PSD file screenshot attached. 

Not sure where to start--boxes, banners, etc... 

Thanks so much for checking this out and adding your suggestions!

Attached Files

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:19 AM

Hi Climbr

Welcome to Pagelines

Looking at your screenshot I would say the easiest option for the tag line and ad space would be the premium business branding plugin. This has options to add an advert code and additional text into the header and helps if you're not comfortable with custom coding. If you do know custom code, then you can add the add space and the tag line via a hook into the header.

For the social icons area, I would say use a contentbox (which is a free section available from the Pagelines store - it's a blank container) and then add to it the share icons embedded into sections using the Pagelines grid shortcodes found here -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You will have to use css to color the different boxes and add the bottom borders within each column once it's all set up.

#3 climbur

climbur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

Thanks for checking this out James. 

So I went to the store and got the contentbox installed, but where do I find it to add it to a page/template? Will anything in those boxes automatically be responsive? Like, say I use the official Twitter follow button off Twitter's site and embed it in a contentbox... will the box resize around the button and keep it centered? 

Also, on the business branding plugin... I don't see anything in the description about an ad area... but you think it's there for sure? I just don't want to spend the $15 and not have it work.

Alternatively, if I just used hooks... how could I go about adding my own box to the right of the logo (on the right side of the header)?

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:14 AM

Hi again

Check out -

see the screenshot for adding code and images. You can put in your html/image for the advert in there.

Contentbox will show up as a new drag and drop section in the drag and drop page. You set the content for each box in the page meta settings. The contentbox will act responsively, if you set the button up to be center aligned it will stay center aligned when the site resizes.

If you were to use hooks you can put the code in using the hooker plugin, or directly into the functions.php of a child theme. For full details on how to use the hook, see -

#5 climbur

climbur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Thanks. I still don't see the contentbox option showing up in the drag and drop area even though I know it is installed... see screenshot.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Do you have the PageLines Sections plugin installed?

#7 climbur

climbur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

I do now... :)

#8 climbur

climbur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Even though it's installed I still see this...

#9 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

If you have installed a section and it says the destination folder exists, please access your WordPress files via FTP (either through your hosting provider’s control panel or an FTP application) and navigate to wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections. Once you’re there, delete the folder contentbox and then go back to your WP Dashboard > PageLines > Store and install the contentbox section again. It should install successfully this time.

#10 climbur

climbur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

I just saw that James said that the contentbox content is set in EACH PAGE's meta settings. This actually doesn't work then for the solution I am after... I really need a contentbox that I can set template wide in the header underneath the branding where I can put some permanent facebook and twitter buttons --> as the original screenshot shows. Any help on how I can make that happen?

Hi again

Check out -

see the screenshot for adding code and images. You can put in your html/image for the advert in there.

Contentbox will show up as a new drag and drop section in the drag and drop page. You set the content for each box in the page meta settings. The contentbox will act responsively, if you set the button up to be center aligned it will stay center aligned when the site resizes.

If you were to use hooks you can put the code in using the hooker plugin, or directly into the functions.php of a child theme. For full details on how to use the hook, see -

#11 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

Hi again, you can also set the contentbox up in the sitewide defaults in Pagelines>page options>sitewide defaults. They'll be a tab for the contentbox.

#12 climbur

climbur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

Great. Thanks man. So... do I need a separate content box for each button? Or would the contentbox just be the wrapper that I could create some divs in to hold the content? If the latter... is there anything else special I need to do to make the divs resize (and the content within them) with the contentbox wrapper?

#13 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

If you use the grid shortcodes inside the contentbox, examples here -

they will act responsively. Its like creating columns inside the contentbox

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: header, ads, tagline