Photo

IE Compatibility

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 larsm66

larsm66

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:26 AM

Some of my pictures, links and even my top logo do not appear in IE - how can I fix this? Also, the feature page main (top) section text is set differently and runs below the bottom of the feature box in IE. Are the fonts different in IE?

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:56 AM

Can you add a screenshot?

Which version of IE are we talking about?

No, fonts that are available in Firefox should also be available in IE.

Also, the feature page main (top) section text is set differently and runs below the bottom of the feature box in IE.

More clarification please?

#3 Jackey

Jackey

Advocate

• Members

• 683 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:16 AM

Hi, I found there is a slight problem with the letter-spacing feature of IE. It can't cope with decimal values like -0.1em or 1.2px. And if the spacing is a particular value like -3px it turns out quite different in IE than in Firefox or Safari. Still fiddling with this though. But I found to have better result using values like -2px.

#4 larsm66

larsm66

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:25 PM

Thanks for the quick response. Here is a link of the problem in IE: http://screencast.com/t/MGFjZWY5MzIt You will notice that the feature text runs below the bottom of the box and the pictures and links show only an x. Also I tried to download a PDF by clicking its link on the "Sign-Up" page and nothing happens in IE - they do work on Safari. Thanks again for the help.

#5 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:12 PM

You will notice that the feature text runs below the bottom of the box

This is simply because your title is long. You could always resize it however with 'custom css'

and the pictures and links show only an x.

This happens when image urls are incorrect; are they showing in FF?

Can you post a live link to this issue?

#6 larsm66

larsm66

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:18 PM

Both issues don't exist in Safari or FF.

#7 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:05 PM

Well the themes are fully tested in IE. So I'd have to see what you're doing to make it freak out :) Is there a chance there is a markup issue? have you tried validating the page? (W3C validator) Again, I live link would probably us help diagnose.

#8 larsm66

larsm66

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:16 AM

live link: www.grouprx.net

#9 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:25 PM

So I checked this out.. You're getting problems with your images because they have incorrect or nonvalid urls that aren't recognized by IE. for instance: http://username@grouprx.net/your/image is invalid because of the `@`sign just take out the username section in the urls and it should work fine in IE. As for the text; IE has different fonts (or changes spacing) so you have to play a 'not-to-cold' 'not-to-hot' game when writing your copy to avoid overflow problems.

#10 larsm66

larsm66

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:27 PM

Thanks for the help - that seems to have worked.