Trouble Logging Into Admin Account!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

my website is www.headedforgreatness.com However when i try and log in to www.headedforgreatness.com/wp-login.php an error shows up as.

error 406

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /wp-login.php could not be found on this server.

same exact result with my website www.psplatformreviews.com/wp-login.php

#2 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

would could be going wrong??

#3 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:50 AM

actually never mind.... for some reason filezilla was causing that problem... its better now.... but just incase. is there anyway I can save my html files on to my usb drive???? im just worried if something goes wrong. Anything. I just want my files backed up frequently

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17931 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

Hi,

Not sure what you mean by .html files, Wordpress doesn't use .html files?

#5 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Error 406 is caused by the server. Probably mis configured mod_security. Contact your host. 

#6 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

alright preciate it.... its on and off. I dont get it. but i'll give my host a call.

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

It's definitely a server issue. See the area at the bottom of this link: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This is a most unusual error, and isn't about WordPress or PageLines.  It's simply about the configuration of the server, and the responsibility of your host. Presently, it's displaying that error.

#8 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

Thanks Guys. Thanks Rob.... My host is admitting that its there problem and that there currently working on it. Alot of people are having the same problem. Heres what they said...

We are currently aware that a small portion of our customers are receiving Internal Server Error after login to the admin page. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we resolve this issue.

Im Hoping i didn't make a mistake working with iPage... I saw they were ranked pretty well and there pretty cheap that's why I decided to host with them...

#9 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Well sure theres over 1000 other people all sharing your IP, thats why they are cheap ;)

#10 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Anyways. Im hoping they resolve the issue. Is there any way I can back up all of my files? into a usb? incase iPage crashes I have everything saved on a usb so I dont have to worry about losing everything I have worked on.

#11 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

Wait I dont understand? so whats so bad about people sharing the same ip? and your telling me that expensive hosting companies like GoDaddy gives everybody an individual ip address?

#12 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Godaddy is hardly expensive hosting ;) They do offer dedicated IP's if you want them though.

Heres a couple of examples of why 1000 other people sharing an IP is bad:

Email can get get blacklisted by IP, so if one of those sites gets blacklisted you all do.

Sites with API's like twitter/facebook etc rate limit by IP, so again you can be blocked because of someone else's abuse.

#13 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

When a server has reached a certain limit of people accessing websites on a specific IP address, the server is at grave risk of failing to deliver resources to the sites or even crashing completely.  Usually, that limit is 600, but depending on the hosting company's server structure, it can be a little more.

Inexpensive hosting, unfortunately, gives what you pay for it, and WordPress has certain requirements that many such hosts cannot provide because the place too many clients on a single server (IP). The thing to do is to move to a VPS account.  There are inexpensive VPS accounts out there, where the resources are more dedicated to your account, and thus safer from such events.

#14 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

Ho Damn..... I appreciate the inside info. Can I change my host company if I want and transfer everything over? and how can I back up all my files that I have used to make my website? Is that possible?

#15 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

VPS huh? what does VPS stand for. And a VPS account gives you your own i.p. address is that correct? Is it too late for me to transfer over?

#16 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

I wouldnt suggest a VPS.

Theres a few suggestions in this post:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You can always download your site files/database etc. I have no idea what 'tools' ipage provide.

Cheap < $10 a month hosts seem great on paper but they suck at support as they have 10000's of customers to deal with. and usually most of the problems are due to server

restrictions and security because of the amount of people sharing it.

#17 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

I see. This is very very new to to me very insightful. Good Stuff.... I'm really pasionet so this stuff is pretty interesting. Okay so if I go to my hosting then i can download the files from there huh? I was also wondering where pagelines stores the html file? because I was looking for it in my root directory i saw the index.php but it isnt the html that laid out my website. So Im confused about that because thats the file I really want to backup.

#18 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

WordPress stores everything in the database. Your pages are dynamically served to the end user. There is no html files.

#19 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

OH WOW! then are my files 100% safe in the wordpress database? they cant be lost or anything of that nature huh? If so... Can I back up those files as well??? 

#20 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

Your host *should* make backups anyway.

When you create a page/post in WordPress it just adds an entry into the database, no files are ever created. Unless you add an image, but thats different.