bleuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationHampshire
  • Framework Version:Developer

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

Evening All

I am looking to create a carousel affect on my website, which consists of 13 scrolling images, I only want to show 4 at a time, with left and right navigation.  These images relate to Pages (not posts) and I therefore need to have a link from the image to the relevant page.  I have looked through the forums seen a variety of old options (+ none of them seem to specifically relate to my request), but wondered if someone could give me best advise please?

I have installed the NextGen plugin (but for some reason the images are not loading & not sure the Flickr one is relevant) + I can't see a way of linking this to the relevant pages.

Your assistance/advice, as always, greatly appreciated.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Hello there,

By default the carousel section only points to posts, flickr or images within the nextgen galleries. There's no option by default with using pages to point the image link to unfortunately.

Your best bet would be to look into a premium plugin like

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

which will allow a url link to be entered or to look into a premium plugin like 'better carousel' to see if that has the options in it which can help.

#3 bleuy

bleuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationHampshire
  • Framework Version:Developer

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

Thanks James, will they support placing the carousel in the 'Page Template' main area ie above the content and wrap area?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15680 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

Hi,

You could create a child section of the Carousel and change the workswith. However, be beware that we do not provide support for child sections. For more information, see this topic.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: carousel, nextgen gallery