Photo
- - - - -

Wordpress Headers (Unique Headers Plugin)

header customization Unique Headers Plugin

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 talpazzo

talpazzo

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Hi everybody,
I'm here because I'm not familiar with Pagelines and I have some problem activating a plugin that uses WordPress Custom Headers. Sorry for my bad english.

The plugin is "Unique Headers" and it let me using a different header for every page or category I want. In order to make it working I need to insert a code in the header that override the current header image with my custom choices.

I tried to remove the header image from "Pagelines > Site Option > Custom Logo" and add the code before

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. But the result is that I have my custom header + website title + motto and the header image is no more responsive.

How it's possible to edit the "pagelines_header" code to integrate my custom code repleacing the logo + title + motto? 

I have poor coding techniques and I'm a newbie in PageLines, if somebody can help me I'll be really glad! 

Thank you, Diego

p.s. here what I have to do:

#2 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

Do you have a live version of your site? If so please share the URL so we can take a look.

#3 talpazzo

talpazzo

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

Do you have a live version of your site? If so please share the URL so we can take a look.

It's a default PageLines with a Child theme, just some css fix for some padding and margins + main-nav colors.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

Hi there,

We don't advise editing any core files as your changes will be wiped on update. You're much better off using the hook example provided within that link and replacing the woo hooks with the pagelines ones found at -

However, as an easier option one of our developers has actually made a plugin which will change the branding area per page much like that plugin, please see -

If you're editing css and giving images a fixed pixel width etc, then that can affect them acting responsively. Make sure for any widths you set you use a percentage.

#5 talpazzo

talpazzo

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

Thank you, I'll try with the "Feature Branding" in the weekend and I let you know if it works with my problem.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Okay, thanks. Please keep us posted.