Photo
- - - - -

Home Page is Fine But When I go to a Blog Posting ERROR!

Best Answer James B , 09 April 2013 - 03:02 AM

Hi there

When i look in the source code for the widget where the image isn't displaying, it looks like you've only put the filename in the html, not the full url. You'll need to put the full url in there to the directory on your site so it can grab the image - http://screencast.com/t/2qbrHDG6Yn

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:32 AM

Hi so I have a problem.

First of Website www.headedforgreatness.com

So the problem is the secondary sidebar which is the sidebar on the right side. The homepage is fine. But when I click one of my blogs... the images on the secondary sidebar are gone... and my fixed social icon bar is also having problems. Really would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.

#2 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

So im still working on it. trouble shooting why its not working. It's basically not loading my images for some reason.... I put them in a text then put the text in the sidebar... its loading them on my homepage. but not on the blog post tempelate....

#3 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:57 AM

I actually think im getting somewhere! so i tried putting up an image from the internet to the sidebar.... using a direct link instead of a picture i saved to my root directory.... the direct link picture shows up on all my page is. where as the image thats in my root directory shows up only on my home page..... Now im curious of what to do. Do I need to save an image into a specific folder in my root directory?

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4984 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:02 AM   Best Answer

Hi there

When i look in the source code for the widget where the image isn't displaying, it looks like you've only put the filename in the html, not the full url. You'll need to put the full url in there to the directory on your site so it can grab the image -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

Hi,

You should understand that PageLines Framework is not the same thing as WordPress. The Framework functions under WordPress, and so we can't support every WordPress process.  Since this is basic image management, I'll ask you to thoroughly read and review this link: 

#6 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:34 AM

Hi Rob,

I finished reading that page your sent me, It was talking about inserting images into posts. I want to insert an image using a html on the sidebar... The problem is its not showing on my other pages. Only showing on my homepage....

#7 pspr

pspr

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

never mind i got it to work. thanks rob.

#8 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4984 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:49 AM

Hi, if you're looking to put your article snippets into the sidebar with images, like they do on magazine style sites, try this plugin -

It will allow you to put excerpts if your articles along with images into the sidebar using a widget.