Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

widget pad dissapearing

Question

Posted · Report post

Hey,

I am trying to move my 'child page navigation widget' towards the top right of my site, but when I change the top-margin the widget disappears behind something, or is cut off in the div that it is in. Is there a way to keep the widget in the primary sidebar and have it show higher on the screen?

link to the page : http://www.anc-alchemy.com/cocktails/ruby-orange-cocktail-crush/

Many Thanks,

Ben

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there, the sidebar starts in-line with the content-area. So the easiest way to get the effect you're looking for would be to move the branding logo and nav into the content area. Using a widget for the navigation inside a full width of universal sidebar, instead of the using the nav section which only goes into the header.

Otherwise you could try using css on the #sidebar1 id, adjusting the top nav to a negative figure. That could cause problems on other layouts like mobile etc, you'd need to check it through once you've made the adjustments.

Posted · Report post

many thanks!

Posted · Report post

Let us know how you get on :-)

Posted · Report post

OK, for now the negative margin-top worked like a charm, gonna check it on other layouts!

Posted · Report post

Excellent, glad it worked :-)