Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to customize plugins and upgrade Wordpress?

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi guys.

If for example I have the plugin "Special Recent Posts" running and I customize the plugin's default CSS through the plugin editor (see screenshot). What happens now if upgrade to the latest Wordpress version. Will my CSS-customizations be deleted or not? Sometimes I read I should copy my "plugin's templates to my theme directory". Which folder would that be exactly? I use Platform Pro with the child theme Base. Could I just create a directory wp -content/themes/platformbase/plugins/Special-Recent-Posts and copy the whole directory in there?

Please help me with this since I've been googling this for many days now and I just can't find any simple explanation for this.

Bildschirmfoto-2013-04-07-um-23.34.46.pn

Cheers

1 answer to this question

Posted · Report post

HI,

In order to customise a plugins style, you add your custom code to your themes custom CSS. To find the best method for you to add custom CSS, I recommend you visit our customisation methods documentation.

http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/customization-methods/

If you continue to customise your plugins by editing the core files, as soon as an update is released, your changes will be removed.