Photo

How to customize plugins and upgrade Wordpress?

Best Answer Danny , 08 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

HI,

In order to customise a plugins style, you add your custom code to your themes custom CSS. To find the best method for you to add custom CSS, I recommend you visit our customisation methods documentation.

http://support.pagel...zation-methods/

If you continue to customise your plugins by editing the core files, as soon as an update is released, your changes will be removed.  

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ferdmaster

ferdmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

Hi guys.

If for example I have the plugin "Special Recent Posts" running and I customize the plugin's default CSS through the plugin editor (see screenshot). What happens now if upgrade to the latest Wordpress version. Will my CSS-customizations be deleted or not? Sometimes I read I should copy my "plugin's templates to my theme directory". Which folder would that be exactly? I use Platform Pro with the child theme Base. Could I just create a directory wp -content/themes/platformbase/plugins/Special-Recent-Posts and copy the whole directory in there?

Please help me with this since I've been googling this for many days now and I just can't find any simple explanation for this.

Bildschirmfoto-2013-04-07-um-23.34.46.pn

Cheers

Edited by ferdmaster, 07 April 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17931 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:43 AM   Best Answer

HI,

In order to customise a plugins style, you add your custom code to your themes custom CSS. To find the best method for you to add custom CSS, I recommend you visit our customisation methods documentation.

http://support.pagel...zation-methods/

If you continue to customise your plugins by editing the core files, as soon as an update is released, your changes will be removed.