Where are shortcodes for Pagelines?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dutchgirl

dutchgirl

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

I'm using iblogpro5 with pagelines, and I'm wondering where the shortcodes are? Is there a pagelines shortcodes plugin? Does iBlogPro5 have it's own set of shortcodes?  Is there a website somewhere with a list of shortcodes?

Also, is there a plan to incorporate the shortcodes into the page/post editor? That would be nice, and really, for $200 for Pagelines this is really a must-have for that kind of theme pricing. 

• assomibatrifs likes this

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16982 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

Hi,

iBlogPro 5 is a child theme of PageLines Framework and therefore, supports the same shortcodes that PageLines Framework uses. For a list of all shortcodes see our shortcode documentation.

http://support.pagel...ous/shortcodes/

• assomibatrifs likes this

#3 dutchgirl

dutchgirl

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

Thank you. Any plan to incorporate a shortcodes button within the editor?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

The editor is actually WordPress, not PageLines, but because there are so many variables for shortcodes, they really should be customized on an individual basis for each person's site, rather than being made available through a button.

There's also a number of great options here, http://demo.pagelines.me/tools/, where you'll see the wide diversity of options available.

#5 Joe Simms

Joe Simms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

The editor is actually WordPress, not PageLines, but because there are so many variables for shortcodes, they really should be customized on an individual basis for each person's site, rather than being made available through a button.

There's also a number of great options here, http://demo.pagelines.me/tools/, where you'll see the wide diversity of options available.

Hello,

I have a question about this.

I am not sure I understand your reasoning for NOT including an editor interface for inserting shortcodes, including all their fine tuning etc.

I have seen this done extremely well in other themes. For instance, the ENFOLD theme available on themeforest has excellent shortcode implimentation. Shortcodes can be set up through an entirely GUI interface, via the Wordpress editor.

In the editor there is an Insert Shortcode button. Voila. Full access to highly complex shortcode entry.

So, with that in mind... what is preventing Pagelines for having a similar feature, as requested by the OP?

Thanks...

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16982 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

HI,

There is nothing preventing the addition of a shortcode generator, its just not a high priority.  However, I will add this to our tracker as an enhancement.