Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any word on my Pagelines theme is missing after update?

Question

20 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

The problem is on the WordPress theme servers, and its an intermittent problem.

For me it failed twice then installed on the 3rd time, using the theme search then install page, not the uploader.

Posted · Report post

i have exactly the same problem. It prompted me with a new update and I clicked update on the wordpress and everything was gone plus my website went entirely blank. Well done.....

Posted · Report post

i have exactly the same problem. It prompted me with a new update and I clicked update on the wordpress and everything was gone plus my website went entirely blank. Well done.....

You have a missing stylesheet like in the OP screenshot?

Well done.....

As i mentioned already, WE do not update your theme, wordpress does when you click that button it fetches the zip from the wordpress server and updates it. Not us.

Posted · Report post

Yes I had a missing stylesheet error message too. Just to add on, I also tried to delete the theme and reinstall a fresh zip folder manually but turned out i had a new error message instead:

"The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the index.php file.

Theme install failed."

I resolved it by deleting the pagelines theme folder on my server and reinstalled the older version of pagelines.

Is it possible if Pagelines admin post the update notification perhaps in the forum or support page, at least as an effort to minimise innocent users from updating the "wrong" one from wordpress.

Posted · Report post

What version are you downloading from wordpress?

1.3.9 is the latest and it has an index.php ALL themes are tested on wordpress.org before any updates are released.

http://screencast.com/t/8okXfXOfN

Posted · Report post

Well, I guess everything didn't go as planned this time, Pagelines. Lots of folks have the same error.

Posted · Report post

The update was from 1.3.8 to 1.3.9 and I had problem with 1.3.9.

Posted · Report post

I deleted the entire theme and its files from my FTP and uploaded the 1.3.9 zip file inside of Wordpress and everything is back to normal, original files and all.

Posted · Report post

Great.  That's the correct way to do it.

Glad that worked.

Posted · Report post

I deleted the entire theme and its files from my FTP and uploaded the 1.3.9 zip file inside of Wordpress and everything is back to normal, original files and all.

Ive tested this myself.

Going to contact the wordpress staff and see what the story is.

Posted · Report post

I tried it again with the new installation by deleting the theme and installing the latest version from wordpress but it still gave me the missing index.php error.

Posted · Report post

Download the zip from the themes page on wordpress.org then use the theme upload button. That works 100%

Posted · Report post

ok, Simon. I did try your method too earlier on but it didnt work as well. I will try it again and post updates to this topic.

Posted · Report post

Keep us posted.

Posted · Report post

Hi guys, it's finally working. I repeatedly installed again and again till it was successful and i think it was the 4th installation for me. Guess being persistent pays off!

Posted · Report post

Great.  I'm going to mark this resolved. If there's any more issues, please open a new topic and reference this one.

Posted · Report post

We'd need a bit more information.

How did you update?

Id say using whatever method you did use, not all the files were uploaded, or they were uploaded to the wrong place. Download a fresh copy of the zip from wordpress.org unzip it and upload the files to the themes/pagelines folder.

Posted · Report post

I updated by pressing update on my Wordpress Dashboard. Something I regret doing.

Posted · Report post

Download a fresh copy of the zip from wordpress.org unzip it and upload the files to the themes/pagelines folder using FTP.

Something I regret doing.

We have no control over the wordpress theme update or how your server is configured.