18 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Becker

Mike Becker

• Members

• 12 posts
  • LocationChicago
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

So here's the issue. I've always used and installed Pagelines Developer Version and Wordpress the same way. Never coming across any "Javascript Errors."

I know the installation or updates are not an issue since I have downloaded from Pagelines>Account>Products and installed clean. However, for the last week, I've had a very strange (SERIOUS) issue where my Pagelines has been basically rendered useless across all about 40 different already finished websites. They are all experiencing same issue, and the funny thing is I have done many things to attempt to fix... re installed fresh, new databases, turned on and off section and plugins.

Here's what's happening: In wp-admin / pagelines / dashboard (or site options, or page options and including drag and drop) there is a spinning icon that says "javascript error detected".

Someone suggested that my host may have been hacked and that someone may have installed or put some unwanted javascript code into my files. I'm not exactly sure how that may have happened since I have some sites on complete different web hosts. 

Here are are 2 of the many sites as example sites to observer because they both are hosted on different web hosts. Note: I have activated pagelines debug (not sure if it will work since pagelines is malfunctioning).

Please help.

(1)

Website URL: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Server/Host: WPEngine
Framework Version: Developer 2.4.1
WordPress Version:  3.5.1
Plugins in Use: 

1. Affiliates

2. Affiliates Jigoshop Integration Light

3. Bad Ass Shortcodes

4. bbPress

5. bbPress for PageLines

6. Browser Specific CSS

7. BuddyPress

8. BuddyPress for PageLines

9. BuddyPress Template Pack

10. Footer Extras

11. Gadget

12. Grid Shortcodes

13. Hooker

14. Infinite SEO

15. Jigoshop

16. Jigoshop for PageLines

17. Jigoshop Product Add-ons

18. LaunchPage

19. LazyLoader

20. PageLines Googlefonts

21. Pagelines Sections

22. PageLines Shortcode Generator

23. Poppy

24. Post Types Order

25. Regenerate Thumbnails

26. Salebar

27. Sexy Snips

28. Signup TOS

29. Simple CSS Lite

30. Simply Instagram

31. Special Recent Posts FREE Edition

32. Superfade

33. Ultimate Branding

34. Viewer

35. WordPress Importer

36. WP Project Manager

(2) 

Website URL: 

Server/Host: Rackspace Cloud Sites
Framework Version: Developer 2.4.1
WordPress Version:  3.5.1
Plugins in Use: 

1. Akismet

2. Appointments+

3. Avatars (BBPress)

4. Bad Ass Shortcodes

5. bbPress

6. bbPress for PageLines

7. Browser Specific CSS

8. BuddyPress

9. BuddyPress for PageLines

10. BuddyPress Template Pack

11. BuddyPress Toolbar

12. Events +

13. Footer Extras

14. Gadget

15. Grid Shortcodes

16. Hello Dolly

17. Membership Premium

18. PageLines Googlefonts

19. Pagelines Sections

20. PageLines Shortcode Generator

21. Q&A - WordPress Questions and Answers Plugin

22. Sexy Snips

23. Special Recent Posts FREE Edition

Attached Files

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

Note for moderators: check admin notes, login details provided

#3 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

Hi Mike

Ok we've logged in and taken a look at this. Everything seems to be working normally. The js loader does show up just after the page loads, but then the script loads and everything works as normal. I've taken some video casts to show you, is this the same as what happens when you log into the site?

First site

Second Site

I tested the drag and drop and went into the Pl store on your install and didn't get any further errors, all the pages rendered. Moving items in the drag and drop saved ok too.

If you're seeing something different could you let us know what browser you're using and possibly do a video cast for us.

• Mike Becker likes this

#4 diamond43

diamond43

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:31 AM

I'm having this same problem. My little spinning wheel (on the same page as the OP above) says, "javascript error detected", but the little wheel never goes away, and the page layout area (further down the same page) is "frozen" and unresponsive.

Solutions? Thoughts?

Should I try and re-load the PL theme? 

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16392 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

Hi,

The Spinning Wheel of Death is usually caused by a Plugin, disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue. If this doesn't resolve your issue, it may be related to your servers configuration.

Can you provide you enable PL Debug mode and also provide your PHP info please. 

#6 diamond43

diamond43

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

Danny,

Thank you for your thoughtful replies. In response to your two suggestions immediately preceding....

1. Already tried the turn-off all plugins option. Spinning wheel still spinning ("spinning wheel, got t'go round..."). NOTE: I read in another post somewhere that one guy had the spinning wheel problem, and it was plugin related. He turned the offending plugin off and a plugin-related file that was left behind was ultimately responsible. I've looked but, what am I looking for???

2. The spinner problem has existed over 2 different servers. About a month ago we moved the site to a new hosting account, where the problem persists. I'm betting that the same potential server configuration problem appearing on both hosting accounts is pretty slim. In fact, I contacted both hosting accounts and of course the problem was not theirs, or didn't originate with them, blah, blah, blah.

That leads me back to my re-install the theme, or WP, or both option to get rid of the left-over file(s) that may be lurking in the darkness (see #1 above). If you feel that's probable, please give me a step by step what to do for re-installing WP and/or DMS without losing my site's content.

If you have any other ideas, I'm all ears.  :bow:

#7 diamond43

diamond43

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:56 AM

Danny? Anybody?

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

Where is your DMS installation installed? Can you please look by FTP at wp-content/themes and tell me the folder name? Thanks.

#9 diamond43

diamond43

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:14 AM

Unfortunately I wrote "DMS" in my last post and that should have been "Pagelines". It is NOT DMS, it's Pagelines 2.something.

So let's try this again. Thoughts?

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16392 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

Hi,

It may be related to your server configuration. Both your sites PL debug info displays this:

PHP User : Posix functions are disabled on this host!

This is most likely the cause of the issue, I recommend you contact your host and ask them to resolve this.

#11 diamond43

diamond43

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:00 AM

What "both your sites"? I only have one site and I never mentioned the url. I think you may have snagged the OP's site url's. As I mentioned above...

2. The spinner problem has existed over 2 different servers. About a month ago we moved the site to a new hosting account, where the problem persists. I'm betting that the same potential server configuration problem appearing on both hosting accounts is pretty slim. In fact, I contacted both hosting accounts and of course the problem was not theirs, or didn't originate with them, blah, blah, blah.

That leads me back to my re-install the theme, or WP, or both option to get rid of the left-over file(s) that may be lurking in the darkness (see #1 above). If you feel that's probable, please give me a step by step what to do for re-installing WP and/or DMS without losing my site's content.

BTW, the site address is:  

#12 diamond43

diamond43

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:11 AM

Talk to me, @

#13 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16392 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:07 AM

@

Can you disable all plugins and enable PageLines Debug mode. PageLines > Site Options > Advanced. Once active reply here, informing us and we can take a closer look. However, if you have disabled all plugins and are still receiving the Spinning Wheel of Death, I can say that it is most likely server related.

#14 diamond43

diamond43

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:23 AM

@

I appreciate your continued willingness to help, but this thread has been so disjointed I'm afraid you're missing some of the points I've tried to make. Let me condense it and try one last time.

1. The site in question started seeing the SWOD while on hosting Server #1.

2. The site was transferred to a new hosting account (Server #2) and the SWOD persists!

The two biggest possibilities I can see from reading related threads are:

1. Left-over junk files from a problem plugin that has since been uninstalled/removed. (And the SWOD continued after ALL plugins were turned off, too.)

2. The server config that you mention. (But on two, totally unrelated servers? At separate hosting companies?)

That sums it up!

You still think it's server related, or does the junk files theory make more sense?

#15 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

The spinning wheel indicates your site is trying to load something it cannot find. Where that comes from, we cannot tell from here.

That said, we can guide you to find out.

Login to your site in FTP.  Find wp-config.php.

Edit the file and search for wp_debug.  The line is define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Change it to define('WP_DEBUG', true);.

You'll see errors everywhere.  Copy them, and paste them to a report we can read through.  This will tell us what's trying and failing to load. From that, we can discern, or your host can, whether its a missing plugin or a broken issue in your server.

#16 diamond43

diamond43

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

Got all of this done and I'm down to the, "you'll see errors everywhere" part.

If I look at the site itself, I see this:

Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2969

Notice: Undefined index: ws_plugin__qcache_menu_pages_css in /home1/champion/public_html/wp-content/plugins/quick-cache/includes/classes/admin-css-js.inc.php on line 20

Notice: Undefined index: ws_plugin__qcache_menu_pages_js in /home1/champion/public_html/wp-content/plugins/quick-cache/includes/classes/admin-css-js.inc.php on line 28

If I try to log in to the back-end I get this:

Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2969

Notice: Undefined index: ws_plugin__qcache_menu_pages_css in /home1/champion/public_html/wp-content/plugins/quick-cache/includes/classes/admin-css-js.inc.php on line 20

Notice: Undefined index: ws_plugin__qcache_menu_pages_js in /home1/champion/public_html/wp-content/plugins/quick-cache/includes/classes/admin-css-js.inc.php on line 28

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:2969) in /home1/champion/public_html/wp-login.php on line 384

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:2969) in /home1/champion/public_html/wp-login.php on line 396

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:2969) in /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 695

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:2969) in /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 696

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:2969) in /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 697

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:2969) in /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 698

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:2969) in /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 699

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:2969) in /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 700

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:2969) in /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 703

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:2969) in /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 704

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:2969) in /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 705

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:2969) in /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 706

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:2969) in /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 709

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:2969) in /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 710

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:2969) in /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 711

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:2969) in /home1/champion/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 712

And that's all the errors I can see 'cause I cannot log in now! Gonna change the wp-config file back so hopefully the login issue is gone. So whatd'ya see?

P.S. I just now deactivated the Quick Cache plugin. No change. SWOD is still there.

I then uninstalled the plugin. No change. SWOD still there.

fyi.

#17 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

Very likely, your cache plugin cached the site before being deactivated in its poor state.  That cache file will exist outside the plugin, so even removing it won't remove the cache.

#18 mundocaco

mundocaco

Advanced Member

• Members

• 37 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands
  • Framework Version:2.4.4 - DMS

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

@

hello. I'm working with a new project. Something strange happen with dms in Chrome

In every browser work fine, bu in Chrome there a error:

You can look here: 

thank you for your help. :)

#19 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:45 PM

Hi Mundocaco

As this topic is solved please start a new thread for your issue. I've checked your site in chrome but am unable to see any obvious issues displaying. Please include in your thread a screenshot of the issue and some more information so the moderator team can look into this further for you.

• mundocaco likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: javascript error detected, javascript