Photo
Events

Adjusting Length of [event_list] descriptions

Best Answer beardedavenger , 05 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

Ya I think I can push an update to allow you to change the excerpt length. Will make it out this weekend. To fix you're issue I'd delete, then re-install the section. It will keep your settings.

Nick

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 James Giroux

James Giroux

Community Director

• Moderators

• 142 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada
  • Framework Version:Developer

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

Hey Nick,

One comment I've received is that the length of the excerpt for the event_list shortcode isn't quite long enough.  I've manually adjusted the $trimmedexcerpt length to 100.  By doing that though, I've totally screwed up my home page.  I can mess around with layout a bit to fix that but thought I would send you some feedback anyway to say that as you're updating this plugin, increasing the length of the excerpt would be cool.  

It seems like a bigger deal than just manually adjusting the length because then it gets into multi-line display and I think that's where the issues are coming from.  I'm not a php'er so I'm not 100% sure but yeah, there's the feedback.

If you can think of a way to help me fix my page so that it displays correctly that would be sweet (but I'll keep tinkering).  I think it's got something to do with the 1/3 column setup I've got.  

Here's the link for your reference:

http://ecd.transform...munications.com

Thanks,

James.

Here's a screenshot in case it looks amazing on your machine.

http://www.screencas...f2-bea767f767b9

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:52 PM   Best Answer

Ya I think I can push an update to allow you to change the excerpt length. Will make it out this weekend. To fix you're issue I'd delete, then re-install the section. It will keep your settings.

Nick

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Events