Photo
- - - - -

Type in navbar blotchy in Firefox

navbar

Best Answer Jenny , 05 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Browsers render fonts differently, unfortunately there's not a whole lot you can do about that aside from using a different font and seeing if you like its appearance on all browsers.

Further reading on this subject is found at http://www.smashingm...font-rendering/ (plus other places via a google search).

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 suerama

suerama

Advocate

• Members

• 260 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

The type in the navbars in Firefox renders completely differently than in other browsers, lacking definition and oddly blotchy with grey areas in the fixed navbar. Here is one sample of the blotchy type in Firefox:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

In this case I'm using the MUD child theme, but the same issue exists in other sites in the fixed navbar.

In the MUD theme, the font rendering in the vertical navigation is also blotchy only in firefox.

Anyone know a fix?

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:20 PM   Best Answer

Browsers render fonts differently, unfortunately there's not a whole lot you can do about that aside from using a different font and seeing if you like its appearance on all browsers.

Further reading on this subject is found at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(plus other places via a google search).

#3 suerama

suerama

Advocate

• Members

• 260 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

Thanks, Jenny.

#4 matshearer

matshearer

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationVista, Ca
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

I have this same problem.  I've played around with it in 3 browswers, FireFox, Chrome, and IE (all browsers are fully updated).  I've noticed that it looks it's worst in Firefox, it looks a little better in Chrome, and it looks sensational in IE.  Go figure, right?  I always made IE out as a bad browser, but for me, in this case I think IE does a better job.