Photo
AnyLoop

Any Loop - Display post tags in Grid mode?

Best Answer adesouza , 11 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

oh wait.

durr. I think it might already be working!

Scratch that. It's not actually showing tags. I kinda faked it using the excerpt. Might be a solution but would be nice if I could figure how to display a linked tag there.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 adesouza

adesouza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:05 AM

Hi, first off, I'm loving all the sections you made. Have bought a bunch (Wicker, Pockets, Better Carousel and Anyloop)

I'm making a directory of staff for a website, and have made a bunch of posts in the 'staff' category. I am displaying a bunch of the posts using Anyloop in grid mode. I use the post title for their name, featured image for their headshot, and excerpt for a bit of text about them, but I'd like to show their job title using the tags functionality. IE... tag the post with their job title, and then have the tag be displayed below the post title. Is this possible? Or... would it be hard to modify the section to make it possible? I am admittedly not so good when it comes to PHP. 

Thanks for your help!

Alex

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

Hey Alex!

My apologies for this unnecessarily long delay in my response. not sure why I didn't see this so I apologize. Did you happen to figure this out? The Grid Layout does do tags so it's completely possible.

#3 adesouza

adesouza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

No worries!

So, I've got a basic grid of posts going, and they have tags associated with them, just not clear what I need to do to get them to display the tags in the grid mode. Just to be clear, it's not sorting or displaying by tag, but rather, actually showing the tag itself, underneath the post title, or something like that.

I see from the demo that it is possible when in 'Full mode'  :

http://anyloop.nichola.us/anyloop/

but in grid mode on the demo, no tags are displayed in the chunks of content (until you click inside the post)

http://anyloop.nichola.us/grid/

Here is my grid of posts:

(scroll down the page to grid of staff)

http://varsity.wpeng.../about-varsity/

I would like a tag to be able to be displayed here, 

Do i need to edit the PHP for this? Add some filter to grab that bit of data from the post?

thanks again.

#4 adesouza

adesouza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:09 PM   Best Answer

oh wait.

durr. I think it might already be working!

Scratch that. It's not actually showing tags. I kinda faked it using the excerpt. Might be a solution but would be nice if I could figure how to display a linked tag there.

Edited by adesouza, 11 April 2013 - 08:12 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AnyLoop