Photo
CatLoop

Catloop "read more" for full post

Best Answer anthalis , 05 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

Hi there,

To show full-content in the single post page alone, you should make sure that under PageLines > Site Options > Blog and Posts you have no checkbox marked under Full Post Content. 

To show the full post in the Blog page, but excerpts in CatLoop, you would leave Category Lists unmarked (note that this will make regular category pages show excerpts too). 

That way, a static page where you put CatLoop will only display the excerpt with a read more link. Clicking on the link will take the reader to the full content article.

Since CatLoop is based on the native post options in PageLines, as long as you display the full content of an article the read more link would not show up.

This is because the Read More link is set to show with the_excerpt, whereas, when you set the posts to show the full content, the_content is called instead. 

Furthermore, even in full-content, the title remains a link. Adding a second link to the full post would be double-redundancy, as it were.

I believe a read more link could be added with some filter or action, applied to specific pages. But I am afraid I am not very sure what your are trying to achieve.

Try to give a detailed description of the desired result (where you want full content, where you want excerpt, where you want the read-more, where you don't). 

The cause for confusion is this "I've changed the pagelines options to show full post text and normally the read more would be automatic. However, for the catloop post- I'm still getting the full text."

I have never seen the read-more link applied to a blog page when the articles are set to display the full content. Not in PageLines anyway.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 erin-wsk

erin-wsk

Advanced Member

• Members

• 83 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

I'm trying to show a single post on a static page using the catloop section. I want it to show in traditional blog view with the photo and part of the text with a "read more" button. I've changed the pagelines options to show full post text and normally the read more would be automatic. However, for the catloop post- I'm still getting the full text.

Is this possible? Thanks!

#2 anthalis

anthalis

Advanced Member

• Members

• 60 posts
  • Framework Version:Dev. Latest. Always.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:03 AM   Best Answer

Hi there,

To show full-content in the single post page alone, you should make sure that under PageLines > Site Options > Blog and Posts you have no checkbox marked under Full Post Content. 

To show the full post in the Blog page, but excerpts in CatLoop, you would leave Category Lists unmarked (note that this will make regular category pages show excerpts too). 

That way, a static page where you put CatLoop will only display the excerpt with a read more link. Clicking on the link will take the reader to the full content article.

Since CatLoop is based on the native post options in PageLines, as long as you display the full content of an article the read more link would not show up.

This is because the Read More link is set to show with the_excerpt, whereas, when you set the posts to show the full content, the_content is called instead. 

Furthermore, even in full-content, the title remains a link. Adding a second link to the full post would be double-redundancy, as it were.

I believe a read more link could be added with some filter or action, applied to specific pages. But I am afraid I am not very sure what your are trying to achieve.

Try to give a detailed description of the desired result (where you want full content, where you want excerpt, where you want the read-more, where you don't). 

The cause for confusion is this "I've changed the pagelines options to show full post text and normally the read more would be automatic. However, for the catloop post- I'm still getting the full text."

I have never seen the read-more link applied to a blog page when the articles are set to display the full content. Not in PageLines anyway.

#3 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

Please let us know if you still need assistance with this issue otherwise I will close the topic in 7 days. Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CatLoop