jquery plugins slideshow background conflict javascript

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chesleyn

chesleyn

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

I've created a responsive full screen background that cycles through background images, as well as through slides in the center of the main column on the homepage.

To do this, I wrote some jquery that removes the supersized background on the home page only (which is working), and included some markup for a slideshow to work on the home page. You can see the markup in <div id="background"> just after the body tag. In the header is the 'cycle2.js' script (I'm using cycle2 by Malsup). 

I have this all working here: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

But, for some reason, incorporating it into my pagelines site is not working (it is the exact copy of my provided example)—and there don't seem to be any conflicts with jquery or any errors in the inspector.

Hoping someone can shed some light as to how I might debug this issue.

Thanks

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Hi there,

Unfortunately we're unable to debug third party customizations to the framework via the Pagelines support team. However, we'll leave this thread open in case another client or third party developer is able to offer additional advice for you.

From a Pagelines perspective we'd advise you look into joining the Junto group which can be accessed here

if you're looking to developer customized sections.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jquery, plugins, slideshow, background, conflict, javascript