a slider on the home page with dynamic blog post underneath

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hugheskh

hugheskh

• Members

• 10 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

as topic, is it possible to ONLY show the slider on the home page of my website where latest blog posts will be shown under it?

thanks

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

Hi,

You can drag and drop the Feature Slider or the Quick Slider to nearly all templates. Therefore, you can add the features slider and quick slider to your blog page. However, when you use static pages, the homepage will no longer display your posts, as it is a static page.

I have provided you with a link to our documentation on template setup, which will assist you, as well as a link to the Wordpress static pages doc.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 hugheskh

hugheskh

• Members

• 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

HI Danny, 

thanks for your answer first. That's the problem, i want my front page to be a dynamic page to show my latest blogs on it. 

However, i want to add a feature slider on top of it as well. 

The problem is, after i add the slider there, when i click into a blog post, the slider is still there, wi can't find any ways to make the slider disappear when i click into the post.

it seems if i want to show the slider, then it has to be shown on every page of my website?

is there any way that i can have a slider on the front page of website, together with dynamic blog post under it?

thanks!

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

Hi there,

If you put the slider into the header area then it will appear on every page of the site. The header, footer and morefoot areas are universal across the entire site.

If you place the slider into the page template or content-area of the site then it will be able to be displayed on a per template basis.

If you're adding to the blog page make sure you place the slider into the page template or content-area, then check the blog post template and make sure there is no slider already in place in either of those areas.

That way you will have the slider on the posts page, but not on the single post page.

#5 hugheskh

hugheskh

• Members

• 10 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

thanks first James,

ok, now let me make the question simple.

is it possible to have a slider on a DYNAMIC front page, provided that the slider will not be shown in other page of the site?

if yes, how to do that?

thank you~

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

Hi,

Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop and click on Content Area. Then, click on the Blog template.

Now, drag either Quickslider or Feature Slider (as you wish), over from Available Sections to Active Sections. Place it above the Post Loop.

Make sure you do not have a slider on Blog template in Page Templates.  If you don't want the slider to appear on posts, remove it from Blog Post in Content Area or Page Templates (whereever you've placed it earlier).

The slider will then be available on the dynamic (not static) homepage. The dynamic homepage is also the blog page, so adding the slider to the Blog template places the slider only on that page.