Photo
- - - - -

Timely Calender Plugin

ai1ec section blog inteference

Best Answer rud10 , 03 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

Ah. Nice one, James. I'll give that a whirl. Thanks for your help.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rud10

rud10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Wales
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

Hello. Me again.

I know that problems with someone else's plugin aren't Pagelines' issue, but I thought I'd post this here to see if anyone has a solution. I have designated a

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

of my site specifically to the Timely Calender plugin, and thought it was great; however, each event I create creates a link to the event in the calendar which links through to an '

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

' page, creating a post within my blog page (which also, for some reason, messes up my nav bar).

It seems strange that the ai1ec pages are recognised as templates by pagelines, but cannot be manipulated separately from the blog page. Each new post, therefore, creates an events page that has to be edited manually to take away all the widgets from primary secondary and tertiary sidebars. This sucks. The frustration is that the site's completely finished aside from this. Proper sod's law.

ideally I'd like all info from the designated calender page to stay there, or for the ai1ec post pages to be controllable. Has anyone experienced this problem, and/or knows how it can be overcome. Any ideas would make me eternally grateful

Thanks,

Rudi. 

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4985 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

Hi there, Pagelines currently doesn't have a method for setting the meta for all posts in one go etc, only on a per post basis. As far as I can remember this was due to a restriction with the way Wordpress handled posts. Its the same with the main blog settings, you can set the meta for the main blog page (set the layout on the template etc) but not for the blog posts as a collective, only as you create each post.

The way round this, I'll use the blog as an example. Is to set the site wide defaults in the layout editor to the chosen layout (without sidebar etc, this will then apply to the blog posts as well) then change all the other static pages manually using their own page meta settings.

#3 rud10

rud10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Wales
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:28 PM   Best Answer

Ah. Nice one, James. I'll give that a whirl. Thanks for your help.