Photo
- - - - -

Video in Features

video features

Best Answer zhonghao , 03 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

OK GOT IT ! I had an image loaded under 'media area - image (optional) which I thought would just replace the first movie frame image on the screen. It seems however that it totally covers the movie. Soon as I deleted the image I can see/play the movie. Thanks for your help !

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 zhonghao

zhonghao

• Members

• 101 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

Sorry but I really don't understand this :( I would like to place a video or video link as a feature section on my page. The support section (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) simply states "Feature HTML (video embeds etc, In Media Area) This option allows you to embed videos into your features media area. " but doesn't explain anything about how to do this . The forums has a thread 

where Rob talks about pasting an url into the Feature HTML section but also talks about an 'Old Embed Code' which is gobbledygook to me. I pasted the url for the video into the box and nothing happens. Completely lost here and would really love to get my video embedded so help would be appreciated greatly ! :) Thanks in advance - Richard

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16254 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

HI,

When you go to sites such as YouTube, Vimeo etc.. they provide a code that allows you to embed the clip into your website. You will need to use this embed code to display your video in Features slider.

#3 zhonghao

zhonghao

• Members

• 101 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

Ah ok thanks - I live in China so don't use vimeo, youtube or anything like that as it is all blocked. I'll try to see if I can get the code from the youku web site which is where the video is. It is 48mb in size so read that this would really make the page load slow if it was hosted on my server .... is this correct ? Thanks very much Danny !

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16254 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

Yes, most likely, thats why you would probably want to embed the video.

#5 zhonghao

zhonghao

• Members

• 101 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

Just managed to get the code and placed it in the relevant 'html media area' on the Feature set up page. The video now shows and I can play it whilst on the Features page of the Features menu in WP Admin. However it is not showing when the page loads in the browser. Any ideas ? Thanks.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16254 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

Can you provide a link to the site in question and also, add your video embed code to our pastie service and provide a link to the paste.

#7 zhonghao

zhonghao

• Members

• 101 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

Hi Danny thanks so much for the reply. My site/page is www.bodyworksasia.cn and I just pasted the embed code to 

thanks.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16254 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

Its working for me, but you may need to change the width to fit your Feature slider.

I used the following settings:

and changed the width to achieve the following look.

#9 zhonghao

zhonghao

• Members

• 101 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

Thanks very much for your time and help Danny. Unfortunately it is still not working for me :( I have now tried on 3 different browsers and called a couple of friends to see what happens but no luck as yet ..... any further suggestions ?

#10 zhonghao

zhonghao

• Members

• 101 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:19 PM   Best Answer

OK GOT IT ! I had an image loaded under 'media area - image (optional) which I thought would just replace the first movie frame image on the screen. It seems however that it totally covers the movie. Soon as I deleted the image I can see/play the movie. Thanks for your help !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: video, features