Photo
- - - - -

Change Text Colours in Fixed Nav Bar

fixed nav bar text

Best Answer Danny , 03 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

Unfortunately, there isn't a plugin similar to Simple CSS Lite that will work with the Fixed Navbar.

In order to style the hover, you will need to use the :hover selector. You can find more information on hover here.

http://www.w3schools...f/sel_hover.asp

If you're not comfortable with custom CSS or code. I recommend contacting one of our Pros for assistance 

http://www.pagelines.com/pros/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zhonghao

zhonghao

• Members

• 101 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

Managed to upload the Simple CSS but seems to only work on the Classic Nav Bar. I found the following thread for changing text, hover colours etc : (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

)  but this doesn't work so I would really appreciate any help on changing the Text Colours of the Fixed Nav Bar - they are currently whitish/grey and I would like them Blue. Thanks in advance.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:39 AM

Hi zhonghao,

In order to change the text color of the Fixed Navigation, you will need to use custom CSS. Therefore, I recommend using Firebug or your browsers built-in web dev tools and inspect the Fixed Navigation to find the correct code.

For assistance visit our custom CSS documentation - 

#3 zhonghao

zhonghao

• Members

• 101 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

Thanks Danny - I actually have spent the last 2 hours trying to get my head round it using the support page and other links. I think maybe a bit beyond me - managed to get the text to change colour (rather by luck than anything) but completely stuck on the hover and current page elements. Do you know any plugin similar to the Simple CSS that would work on the Fixed Nav Bar ?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:37 AM   Best Answer

Unfortunately, there isn't a plugin similar to Simple CSS Lite that will work with the Fixed Navbar.

In order to style the hover, you will need to use the :hover selector. You can find more information on hover here.

If you're not comfortable with custom CSS or code. I recommend contacting one of our Pros for assistance 

#5 zhonghao

zhonghao

• Members

• 101 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

Thanks Danny - I'll follow up on the link you supplied.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fixed nav bar, text