Photo
- - - - -

Web page tag line in Fixed Nav Bar

fixed nav bar

Best Answer James B , 03 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

Hi there,

The fixed navbar is separate from the branding section, one won't affect the other as far as I'm aware.

Deleting the title from the site will have an affect on the SEO. However, the fixed navbar title will have it's own class within the fixed navbar, so you can use css to hide the title using the display:none command.

If you've not used css within the framework before check out http://support.pagel...ion/custom-css/ which will give you an overview on finding the class and the relevant css within the inspector.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 zhonghao

zhonghao

• Members

• 101 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

I am trying to redesign my site and thought I may try the Fixed Nav Bar. However the title for my web site shows in the Fixed Nav Bar which I don't want. I have checked that I have the Branding section active in the Drag & Drop settings for the Header Section (from reading the forums I understand this should stop the title from showing ..... ? is that correct?).

I have initially simply deleted the the Page Title in the WP Settings-General section but would like to know if this will affect any search engine queries or if there is another way to hide the title.

Thanks

Richard

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:19 AM   Best Answer

Hi there,

The fixed navbar is separate from the branding section, one won't affect the other as far as I'm aware.

Deleting the title from the site will have an affect on the SEO. However, the fixed navbar title will have it's own class within the fixed navbar, so you can use css to hide the title using the display:none command.

If you've not used css within the framework before check out

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

which will give you an overview on finding the class and the relevant css within the inspector.

#3 zhonghao

zhonghao

• Members

• 101 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

Thanks for the info and such a quick reply - I'll give it a try. Regards.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:51 AM

You're welcome :-)

#5 zhonghao

zhonghao

• Members

• 101 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:46 AM

Just tried as you suggested and really surprised myself by actually succeeding. Even managed to change the the background colour of the menu following another thread. Now to change the colours of the menu text - I think I saw that one on another thread as well. Big thanks and especially to the Custom CSS page - that is SOOO helpful and a really great idea.

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:52 AM

Excellent, really glad that worked for you :-)

Yes css is a great way to make changes on site and get it looking just how you want it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fixed nav bar