Photo
- - - - -

Display a two column list

list directory columns

Best Answer Rob , 02 April 2013 - 01:11 AM

Hi,

Obviously, the most sensible solution to ensuring a table is responsive is the CSS used to set its parameters.  Pixel widths, used in traditional tables or older plugins, are fixed, where percentages are flexible based on the browser's width on the device. 

So the most sensible solution, in my opinion, is the creation of tables by CSS directly.  There are two options for that solution.

First is our Grid System, which can be found here: http://demo.pagelines.me/tools/

Next is CSS tables made with some of the examples found in this article:  http://coding.smashi...-table-designs/

Ultimately, the selection of methods depends solely on how you want to structure your table and what you want it to look like.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nudolio

nudolio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:01 AM

I have one page where I need to display a Store Directory for a mall. It will be a list of stores and their phone numbers by category... such as Department Stores, Apparel, Shoes, etc. Currently I am using a table plugin that is working nicely for displaying the information neatly in columns - but the table is not moblie friendly so I want to ditch that. I haven't found a slick way to use any of the sections. The trick is getting the store name and phone number side-by-side and have them all listed in columns. I started messing with a plugin called Types and Views and it's like working with a labrynth. Can you point me toward a better solution? Thank you

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:11 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

Obviously, the most sensible solution to ensuring a table is responsive is the CSS used to set its parameters.  Pixel widths, used in traditional tables or older plugins, are fixed, where percentages are flexible based on the browser's width on the device. 

So the most sensible solution, in my opinion, is the creation of tables by CSS directly.  There are two options for that solution.

First is our Grid System, which can be found here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Next is CSS tables made with some of the examples found in this article: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Ultimately, the selection of methods depends solely on how you want to structure your table and what you want it to look like.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: list, directory, columns