Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Remove Excerpt from Feature Box

Question

12 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

To remove the text only, you will need to use the following code.

#site .fexcerpt {
display: none;
}

However, in future, I recommend using Firebug or your browsers built-in web dev tools and inspect the element you wish to customise, to find the correct code.

For assistance visit our custom CSS documentation - http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css/

Posted · Report post

To get rid of that line, please add this code to Site Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS:

#page #feature_slider .text-bottom .fcontent .fheading {background: none !important;}

To get rid of the excerpt, just don't enter any text for the slide.

Posted · Report post

The code didn't work. 

I didn't type anything in the excerpt option. The feature box automatically grabs the first 55 words as the excerpt. 

Posted · Report post

Hi there, yes that will be generated by the first words of the excerpt. You can use css to hide the text on the slider though, in firebug or chrome look for an area classes fcontent or textbottom like in Catrina's example above. Change the display property on either of those classes to display:none to see which gives the effect to hide the text you wanted.

Posted · Report post

Base on Inspect Element, it should be div.ftext, but I don't think my codes are working. 

#page #feature_slider .text-bottom .fcontent .fheading #ftext {background: none;}

Advice?

Posted · Report post

If you want to hide the text it would be

.ftext {display:none;}

Posted · Report post

Ah, that code works alright, but it also removes the "Continue Reading..." link which then renders the Feature Box useless as it doesn't link back to the post. 

:(

Any idea or if it's possible to remove the excerpt but keep the "Continue Reading..." button? 

From Inspect Element, I think it should just the "p" but under ftext.  

http://jasonlioh.com/upload/Screen%20Shot%202013-04-02%20at%201.04.08%20PM.png

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny, 

Your codes work! Thanks. Any idea about that tiny line that appears in between the title and excerpt? 

Thank you. Shall check that out later. 

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately, our staff aren't actually allowed to provide custom CSS and have already gone beyond what we are allowed by providing the above custom CSS. I recommend you inspect your site using Firebug or your browsers built-in web dev tools, to find the correct code.

For assistance visit our custom CSS documentation - http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css/

Posted · Report post

Danny, alright, noted with thanks! 

Thank you very much for going beyond what you could to help me out. 

Posted · Report post

I found the code: 

.fheading {
    background: url("../images/hl-vert.png") repeat-y scroll right top transparent;
    float: left;
    padding: 0 10px;
    width: 33%;
}

And the only way I know of to remove the line is by deleting the image file from the theme file. 

I tried this but it didn't work. 

#fheading {
padding: 0 10px;
float: left;
width: 33%;
}

Posted · Report post

In your last code, you didn't include the background line. If you added the background line and changed it to display:none that will remove the image :-)