tinpeas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

Hi

I have purchased Split Slider today and have to say I am not happy with my purchase.

If you look at the demo it gives the impression that this works out of the box. You cannot add the slider to the template area, there are no controls to change the size of the slider and it does not display full width.

I can change the CSS parameters to control the required aspects but not everyone can. If something is illustrated (in the demo) as being full width then it should just work and there should at least be some level of height/width control from within the admin.

Even the built in features slider has more options which is free.

Normally all the plugins are great but on this occassion I have to say I am very disappointed.

Sorry to be so negative as the slider looks great on the demo but you just can't achieve this out-of-the-box.

Cheers

Gary

#2 ahansson89

ahansson89

Advocate

• Members

• 508 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

Hi Gary,

Sorry to hear that you are dissapointet.

If you want to have the slider full width, how do you want it to work in the template area?

I have to look at why it is not full width as standard, as that is what is it supposed to do. Can you give me a link to a site where it is not full width by default?

In next update I will look into adding height controller.

//Aleksander

#3 tinpeas

tinpeas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

Hi Aleksander

The site is not full width at the minute as I had to abandon the strategy due to not being about to get the slide to go full width, even the Pagelines support guy could not make it work and advised me to change the CSS which I obviously though was a bit wrong as the demo is full width which is the reason I purchased it.

The objective is to achieve the same look as the demo, nothing more complicated than that. In regard to the template area I just want to be able to add it in there the same way I can the featured slider and quick slider, I suspect this is the reason it is not working i.e. it is added to a content area in the template area.

I am happy to give you any access you want to resolve the issue, or set it up anyway so you can see whats going on.

Thanks for the prompt reply and any help you can give me to resolve the issue.

Cheers

Gary

#4 ahansson89

ahansson89

Advocate

• Members

• 508 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

Hi Gary,

I found the bug, made the fix and updated the section with a height option.

//Aleks

#5 tinpeas

tinpeas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

Hi Aleksander

I have just deleted the section and reinstalled it, the pixel height works great (thank you) but I still do not have a full width slider. Maybe I'm missing something buddy but if I am I can't see it. I do not want to share any login info on the forum for obvious reasons but I am more than happy to let you have a look if you send me some contact details.

I can also see that this can be added to the main template area which is great but in pagelines the max percent width you can set is 95.71428571428572% maybe this is the problem? Although I am guessing not as I/we (the user) are only looking for certain elements of the page to go full width not the whole page. For example my main content areas on bespoke sites are normally set too 1000px width to ensure people who do not have high res screens see everything OK.

I have also deleted all other content out of the template block to try and fix the issue but to no avail. 

Thanks for your help with this by the way.

Cheers

Gary

#6 ahansson89

ahansson89

Advocate

• Members

• 508 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

Hi Gary,

Send me a PM with your login details and I will have a look on what is going on.

//Aleks

#7 ahansson89

ahansson89

Advocate

• Members

• 508 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:36 AM   Best Answer

Hi Gary,

I fixed your install.

Seems to be a bug with this: 
http://screencast.com/t/DYrUW1hOqx

You should report it to the PL crew.

Core bugs goes here: 
http://www.pagelines...forum/tracdown/

/Aleks

#8 tinpeas

tinpeas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

Hi Aleks

Thank you so much, do you mind me asking what you did so I can fix it next time I use this section please. Also can you explain in a little more details what the bug actually is so I can post it and hopefully get a fix ASAP.

In finishing can I just say that your support is first class and I could not recommend your Pagelines Section highly enough.

Thanks again buddy

Cheers

Gary

#9 ahansson89

ahansson89

Advocate

• Members

• 508 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

I changed it from "Responsive with % width" to "Responsive with px width"

Dont know why the % width cannot be 100%, but there might be an explanation.

Thanks alot for the kind word.

/Aleks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Accordy Slider, Split Slider