Photo
- - - - -

How to do fonts in base/child theme?

fonts child theme

Best Answer Danny , 01 April 2013 - 06:19 AM

Hi,

Not sure what you're referring to when you say "Call them within the child theme", you use the Typography settings.

However, if you're referring to using multiple Google webfonts then you will need to view the instructions given here.

http://www.google.co...Cabin Condensed

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 toddatkins

toddatkins

Advanced Member

• Members

• 73 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA
  • Framework Version:2.41

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:37 AM

Hello, I have framework 2.4.1, and I've got the child (base) theme installed and activated for my css customizations.  I also have google fonts installed as a plugin and they work when I call them from the "Typography" section.

However, what I can't figure out is how to call them from within the child theme.  When I try this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The font defaults to sans.  I can put any google font in that first slot, and it doesn't work.  The other stuff, i.e., color, weight, shadow all work fine.

I'm sure this is super elementary, and I just don't know what I am doing wrong.  Thanks in advance for help.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17919 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:19 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

Not sure what you're referring to when you say "Call them within the child theme", you use the Typography settings.

However, if you're referring to using multiple Google webfonts then you will need to view the instructions given here.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 toddatkins

toddatkins

Advanced Member

• Members

• 73 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA
  • Framework Version:2.41

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

That's the deal.  Thanks man!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fonts, child theme