Photo
- - - - -

Class for site outline

CSS

Best Answer Danny , 01 April 2013 - 05:22 AM

Hi,

Due to you using a responsive layout, achieving a box shadow around your site is going to be rather a pain. Basically, you're going to need to use quite a bit of CSS and depending on your layout per page, you may need to repeat this several times.

You're going to need to inspect every section on your site and apply the box shadow to the content-pad area of the these sections. However, you're going to need to adjust the CSS accordingly otherwise you will end up with a shadow effect inside your content.

To get you started, you can use the following as a base.

.section-branding .content-pad {
box-shadow: 0 4px #222;
}
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LukeB

LukeB

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Hi I'm looking to add some box shadow to my site but I can't seem to find the correct class or ID to apply it completely around the outside of the site.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15890 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:22 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

Due to you using a responsive layout, achieving a box shadow around your site is going to be rather a pain. Basically, you're going to need to use quite a bit of CSS and depending on your layout per page, you may need to repeat this several times.

You're going to need to inspect every section on your site and apply the box shadow to the content-pad area of the these sections. However, you're going to need to adjust the CSS accordingly otherwise you will end up with a shadow effect inside your content.

To get you started, you can use the following as a base.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 LukeB

LukeB

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Thanks for the reply. I thought as much when I was inspecting with firebug, I just hoped there might be an easier way.

Cheers anyway.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CSS