Photo
- - - - -

Special Recent Posts formatting messing up consistently

Best Answer Rob , 31 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

Hi,

I too am a big fan of SRP and use it extensively on my site.  

Each element of SRP should have its own class or ID, so there shouldn't be any CSS conflicts, but there could be something caused by a another plugin.  I'd recommend trying the deactivation of every plugin except SRP, Akismet (if you're using it) and anything found at PageLines.com's Store. If you have a cache plugin, clear the cache before deactivating that.  See if this resolves the issue.  I'm sure Luca will ask you the same thing.

If the problem resolves, reactivate each plugin one at a time, checking to see if the issue restarts after each activation. When you see that it does, that's obviously the culprit and should be replaced.

Danny is correct that writing the plugin author is best.  I just added my two cents here because I use SRP so much.

Nice site, btw.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 imagineutopia

imagineutopia

Advocate

• Members

• 276 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:45 AM

hi,

I'm a big fan of special recent posts but I keep getting an issue with my formatting. the text goes over the thumbnail and the thumbnail shadow is messed up.

I kinda had this one fixed by putting in a few lines of css by hand, but then the widgets on the interior pages were messing up as well.

something must be conflicted. is there anyway to maybe add a id or something so it would be left alone?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17580 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

Hi,

Although we recommend Special Recent Posts, we are unable to provide support, as it is a third party plugin. Also, you're using the Pro edition, when I was testing this on the free edition, there was no issue.

Therefore, I recommend you contact the developer for assistance.

#3 imagineutopia

imagineutopia

Advocate

• Members

• 276 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

huh. I've put the free one on and it works fine.

cool. thanks.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:38 PM   Best Answer

Hi,

I too am a big fan of SRP and use it extensively on my site.  

Each element of SRP should have its own class or ID, so there shouldn't be any CSS conflicts, but there could be something caused by a another plugin.  I'd recommend trying the deactivation of every plugin except SRP, Akismet (if you're using it) and anything found at PageLines.com's Store. If you have a cache plugin, clear the cache before deactivating that.  See if this resolves the issue.  I'm sure Luca will ask you the same thing.

If the problem resolves, reactivate each plugin one at a time, checking to see if the issue restarts after each activation. When you see that it does, that's obviously the culprit and should be replaced.

Danny is correct that writing the plugin author is best.  I just added my two cents here because I use SRP so much.

Nice site, btw.

#5 imagineutopia

imagineutopia

Advocate

• Members

• 276 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:18 AM

thanks!

I'll write them sometime this week and see what they say.