Photo
- - - - -

Banner position not displaying propperly in Safari

pagelines banner safari

Best Answer Danny , 31 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately, we're unable to provide support for user created custom CSS/code. However, the Banners section wasn't mean't to be used to house a single image, instead the purpose of Banners is to display an image and text.

Therefore, you're using the wrong section if you wish to display an image. I think you would be best using the ContentBox section or the Full width Sidebar section instead.

One other tip, you should really use negative margins to position an element, as it can cause adverse effects interms of your layout. I would suggest using margin:auto;

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 achif

achif

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationViƱa del Mar, Chile

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

Hi

I'm trying to center the banner in www.mototematicos.com, it works for all browsers, but in safari the banner sticks to the left.

I modified the css to the following:

DIV.banner-media.pprand DIV.banner-media-pad.pprand-pad img{ width:80%; position:absolute ; ; margin-top:-26px; }

Attached Files

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15848 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:37 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

Unfortunately, we're unable to provide support for user created custom CSS/code. However, the Banners section wasn't mean't to be used to house a single image, instead the purpose of Banners is to display an image and text.

Therefore, you're using the wrong section if you wish to display an image. I think you would be best using the ContentBox section or the Full width Sidebar section instead.

One other tip, you should really use negative margins to position an element, as it can cause adverse effects interms of your layout. I would suggest using margin:auto;

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pagelines, banner, safari