Photo

Fatal Error withiBlogPro5

Best Answer Stephen , 30 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

Thanks for all your help. GoDaddy discovered there was some malicious code inside the framework. I delate both the framework and the theme and had to re-install them.

There are some minor formatting changes that I need to make, but for the most part I should be back in business today.  Thank you for the recommendations.  I'll migrate to a different host. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Stephen

Stephen

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles / Orange County California
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

I'm getting this error and not sure why. Any idea why? Deleting the theme through my FTP client reverts it back to the framework.  

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_url_999() (previously declared in /home/content/31/9782931/html/wp-content/themes/pagelines/functions.php(1) : runtime-created function(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code:1) in /home/content/31/9782931/html/wp-content/themes/pagelines/functions.php(1) : runtime-created function(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 1

• assomibatrifs likes this

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

Hi,

By any chance did you rename the functions.php file or edit it?

#3 Stephen

Stephen

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

No. But is this something Godaddy could have done? My site mysteriously went done a couple days ago and I've been trying to figure out why ever since. 

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

It looks like there are two functions.php files, which is why you're seeing (1) after the file name.

Can you FTP into the site and navigate to wp-content/themes/pagelines/  and see if there are two functions.php files? Its possible that in trying to restore the site, a second file was uploaded, inadvertently.

#5 Stephen

Stephen

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

Only one function file 

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Very odd.  The only thing that might cause this, that I can think of is a javascript conflict.

Do you have any plugins activated other than ones obtained in our Store?

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

Hi,  I found the issue.  It's your hosting company.

One other site is experiencing the same issue, and both theirs and yours are hosted on a server at DOMAINCONTROL.COM.

What kind of hosting package are you using?

#8 Stephen

Stephen

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

Yes. many. I can send you an active list. However they've all worked well with my site. 

I installed a Facebook plug-in last week.  I just deactivated it and nothing. 

I tried installing a different PageLines theme and it does the same thing. 

Is it possible I have a bad functions file? 

#9 Stephen

Stephen

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

Here are the server details

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-30 at 9.14.09 AM.png   34.86KB   3 downloadsAttached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-30 at 9.13.37 AM.png   36.83KB   2 downloadsAttached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-30 at 9.13.19 AM.png   43.81KB   2 downloads

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

I think you should alert the hosting company and inform them that two sites they host, emphasizing that fact - both using PageLines - are generating the same error.  Google get_url_999 and you'll find the other site -- it's the first of only 3 replies.

There must be some conflict they have ongoing and should resolve it.  Alternatively, if they cannot, you may need a new hosting company.

#11 Stephen

Stephen

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

What hosting company do you recommend? 

#12 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

There are many, but unfortunately inexpensive shared hosts often have difficulty with WordPress.  WP Engine is a good host for WordPress, as they specialize in it.  BlueHost is also very good, and again, is geared for WordPress.

I'd recommend using at least a VPS account, rather than shared hosting, in order to give you sufficient dedicated resources to keep WordPress's needs met.  Most of the failures WordPress experiences are the result of insufficient resources on shared hosting plans, in my humble opinion.

#13 Stephen

Stephen

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

I can't get through to godaddy. The wait is taking too long. However, this might be important to any of your customer s who are also using PageLInes on go daddy. Yesterday when I was talking to the phone agent, he mentioned that godaddy had some kind of update yesterday and it was impacting their shared hosting customers. Their support techs who was assisting the phone agents were unusually busy - this is what the agent told me multiple times. Is it possible that godaddy made some kind of change that would impact customers using PageLines Framework and PL child themes? I'm able to install the framework and activate the framework and I can then install PageLines child themes but when I try to activate a child theme, any PageLines child theme, I get that nasty error and my site goes down. I walked away for about an hour and when I returned, WordPress had unlinked itself from both the PageLines Framework and the child theme and WP had defaulted its base theme.  I've never seen this happen before. No matter what I do, godadddy won't allow WP activate The framework and a PL theme. Is anyone else having this issue? 

I will look into switching hosts, but I need to get my site back up. 

#14 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

Stephen,

Thanks for letting us know this.  Yes, that's very, very unusual.  I will let our developers know about this immediately. 

While I realize that a VPS account (anywhere) is much more expensive than shared hosting,  I'd strongly recommend upgrading to a new host as soon as you can. 

As you can see from one of my previous replies, we know of at least one other client having this issue, and it appears to have already filtered into Google, so it must be more than 24 hours old.

Out of curiosity, if you just activate PageLines Framework in Dashboard > Appearance > Themes, without a child theme, does the same thing happen?

#15 Stephen

Stephen

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

The framework activates and functions normally its only when I try to activate a child theme. I've tried activating two PageLines child themes iBlogPro5 (which is the theme that was active when my site went down yesterday) and Simplicitate.

I'll start looking into changing hosts. Two things: is there a utility that will help me move a wordpress site? or do I need to reconfigure it a piece at a time? 

#16 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

Yes fortunately, there are some steps you can take.

1.  Go to Dashboard > Tools > Export and export all your site's content to a file.  This is preformatted and will allow you to migrate the content easily.

2.  FTP to the site and copy the entire wp-content folder to your local computer.

3.  Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Dashboard > Import-Export and export all your PageLines settings.

Most hosting companies provide a migration process, free, to a VPS account.

There's a 3rd party company that's incredibly efficient called ServerAdminz. For a fairly reasonable fee, they'll migrate everything for you, but I don't know if they can access the database from GoDaddy as they normally would in a VPS or dedicated server.

#17 Stephen

Stephen

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:57 PM   Best Answer

Thanks for all your help. GoDaddy discovered there was some malicious code inside the framework. I delate both the framework and the theme and had to re-install them.

There are some minor formatting changes that I need to make, but for the most part I should be back in business today.  Thank you for the recommendations.  I'll migrate to a different host.