#1 Tang

Tang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt - Germany
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

Please add this missing features design style: White Text - No Feature Background - No Overlay

instead of digging into customization of sections.php and css - this could be an easy future addition to the framework.

To make this design possible:

zDqu3qF.jpg

I had to do the following customization - I was never dealing with .php before, so I don't know how to do this right within the cusomize plugin: plugins > pagelines-customize > function.php (probably the correct place to do this - maybe someone can tell me how to do this). So I went directly into: pagelines > sections > features > section.php and added the following code for a new feature-style:

'fstyle-white-nobg'		=> array( 'name' => __( 'White Text - No Feature Background - No Overlay', 'pagelines' ) ),

additionally the css-description for that style into: plugins > pagelines-customize > style.css

#feature_slider .fcontainer.fstyle-white-nobg {    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;}#feature_slider .fcontainer.fstyle-white-nobg .fcontent {    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;    color: #000000;    text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5);}#feature_slider .fcontainer.fstyle-white-nobg .fcontent h1, #feature_slider .fcontainer.fstyle-white-nobg .fcontent h2, #feature_slider .fcontainer.fstyle-white-nobg .fcontent h3, #feature_slider .fcontainer.fstyle-white-nobg .fcontent h4, #feature_slider .fcontainer.fstyle-white-nobg .fcontent h5, #feature_slider .fcontainer.fstyle-white-nobg .fcontent a {    color: #FFFFFF;    text-shadow: 0 -1px 0 #000000;}

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Hi, 

I've passed along this recommendation.  

It's strongly advised that you don't edit core files.  This will be overwritten with the next upgrade, most likely, and may forfeit your work.

The color of the fonts in the slider's overlay can be easily managed with some simple CSS.  

Did you use Firebug for Firefox or Chrome's Inspection Tool to identify the elements?

#3 Tang

Tang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt - Germany
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

Yes, I am aware of the update problem and for sure I use Firebug, but if I edit the font color into white in CSS for the Black Text - No Feature Background - No Overlay, which is easy - I will have that on all my feature slides matching to this style. In my case I need both black and white color styles for the nobg - version. So adding a new style seems obvious. Would be great, if you could tell me, how to put that piece of .php-code correctly into plugins > pagelines-customize > function.php to make it save from updates.

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Create a child theme and copy the features folder into the child sections folder then edit away.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Features Design, Framework