rud10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Wales
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

Hi.

I am posting this here because I can't post anywhere else.

I want to post a query in the CSS customisations part of the forum, but it says 'You cannot start a new topic.' Does this mean i have been suspended? Is it because I'm in the UK and it's late? I'm really stuck and don't know where to turn to, without being able to post in the forums. Any help would be most welcome.

Rudi

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4978 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

Hi Rudi, no you've not been suspended :-)

If you're a Platform Pro user you'll only be able to be able to paste on the Platform forum at http://www.pagelines...44-platformpro/

If you've upgraded and don't have the right access for the theme you've on let us know your username.

What's your question, paste it here and we'll go from there

#3 rud10

rud10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

Hi. I am on Platform Pro, and have been able to post in the forums up until today. My userrname is rud10.

Anyway, I've been troubled by Firebug for the last couple of hours. Having pasted the Twitter-generated widget into my text widget, for my sidebar, I am now using Firebug to change the 'Tweets' text in the header to 'TWEETS'. I managed to change it in Firebug, which gave me the following CSS:

.var-narrow .timeline-header .summary {
    font-size14px;
    text-transformuppercase;
}

However, when I paste this into my custom css/less area, nothing happens. I am wondering why, and have tried lots of alternatives. I thought I was getting the knack of Firebug, but it's a tricky old thing, as I'm finding out. Any help you could provide me with, James, would be much appreciated.

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

Fixed your permissions.

#5 rud10

rud10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

Thank you.

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4978 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

Hi Rudi, can you disable your coming soon plugin so we can see on the live page the widget

#7 rud10

rud10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:29 AM

Okay, no probs.

#8 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4978 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

Try the following,

.timeline-header h1.summary {
    text-transform: uppercase;
}

If that doesn't work add !important as it's coming from a plugin they might have something overruling it.

.timeline-header h1.summary {
    text-transform: uppercase !important;
}

Let us know how you get on.

#9 rud10

rud10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:42 AM

Hi, James.

No, unfortunately neither of these are having any impact, which is rather frustrating.

#10 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4978 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

Hmmm ok, try

.timeline-header .summary a:link {
    text-transform: uppercase !important;} 

#11 rud10

rud10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:26 AM

No luck with that, either, I'm afraid.

#12 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4978 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

Wow, whoever wrote this has hidden that well.  Last thing I can think to try is the below.

#twitter-widget .timeline-header h1.summary a.customisable-highlight {text-transform: uppercase !important;} 

#13 rud10

rud10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:47 AM

Nope, it's still staying in lowercase, as stubborn as ever!

#14 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4978 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:18 AM

I have no idea what they've used to set that, we've tried all the classes that are showing. Whats the name of the plugin?

#15 rud10

rud10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

Sorry. Fell asleep. It is from Twitter's own widget creator, which I then pasted into a text box widget.

#16 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Hi Rudi,

I can't see the site because of the Coming Soon plugin, but I'm going out on a limb here suggesting that it's possible the Twitter plugin is just incompatible with PlatformPro.  If the plugin uses Twitter Bootstrap, it may be incapable of dealing with the older Platform which wasn't specifically designed to work with Bootstrap, as is PageLines Framework (the current product).

The best possible suggestion I can make is to upgrade to PageLines Framework as soon as possible. That may provide the opportunity to accomplish your goal, however, I suspect that the plugin is being very specific.   Can you provide, as James asked, the name of the plugin, that we may test it?

Thanks so much.

#17 rud10

rud10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

Hello there.

The widget is created via Twitter .You can create your own widget as an option within Twitter (https://twitter.com/settings/widgets). It generates code (<a class="twitter-timeline" data-dnt="true" href="https://twitter.com/PastAmore" data-widget-id="306395567322439681">TWEETS by @PastAmore</a>

<script>!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs");</script>). that you then just copy and paste into a text box widget).

In terms of my account, I thought I did have the latest version. I will have to upgrade. Thanks for letting me know. I have taken the coming soon plugin away from my site.

Much thanks.

#18 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

<a class="twitter-timeline"  href="https://twitter.com/epicuruscom"  data-widget-id="318058906632978432">Tweets by @epicuruscom</a>
<script>!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs");</script>

I did just what you suggested, following the link you provided and created the Twitter Widget.  It looks exactly as it should, without any errors as you can see at www.epicurus.com/members (my test area).  There doesn't seem to be any issue with PageLines Framework.  But, if you're still using PlatformPro, there may be, or, if you have other plugins, they may be conflicting with this widget.

Do you have a cache plugin? If so, don't deactivate it, but clear the cache.  I still see a Coming Soon page.

Can you go to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and tell me what theme is activated there?

Thanks.

#19 rud10

rud10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hi there. When I go to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes it states that the Pagelines Framework version 2.4.1 is what I'm using. Do I still need to upgrade?

Anyway, I have re-checked that the coming soon page is gone. It should have now.

Thanks. 

#20 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

No, you don't need to upgrade that.  I'll modify your profile which says you're using a much older product.