Photo
- - - - -

Navbar shows strange behaviour with WPML

navbar wpml

Best Answer rpeople , 29 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

Thank you for your more the fast reply. You do a great Job.

Point one is solved with your answer. I will integrate those first links in the menu.

The second issue is solved too. It had not been the otther plugins or custom code but a stupid mistake I made with WPML. 

Sorry to have stolen your time,

Thank you for the wonderful theme and Framework and your great support!!

Have a nice easter holiday

Gernot

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rpeople

rpeople

• Members

• 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

Hello

I am using WP 3.5.1 together with Pagelines Framework 2.4.1 and WPML 2.7.1.

My site is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I use Ubermenu for my Primary Navigation at the top. The second menu under the bradning section is a standard navbar, which behaves a bit strange. I want it to hoover but the menu title should be clickable to open the underlying link. At the moment it only fixes the submenu but it should open the link.
I really have no more ideas what to Change to make it a link. In the menu definition it is a link but it appears in the browser only like a title. With firebug it shows me that Pagelines attaches a #m1, #m2, ... to each link. How can I get rid of this?

If I cannot Change this behavior it is no big issue.

The bigger Problem is the following:

The more I placed a language selection from WPML on the navbar. Here another strange thing happens: The language selection can be made only partially related to the menu item I selected and the page I visit.

If I select the shopping blog or forum I can select the language again. If I choose other blogs I cannot choose the language selector again. It works only with the shopping, power and mobility blogs and all forums.
I checked it with firebug but have no more ideas what to change to make it work.

Thank you for your help

Gernot

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

Hi Gernot,

1. The Navbar section is based on Bootstrap navigation design, where drop down menus are access upon click rather than hover. Therefore, any menu item that has a sub menu, will no longer be a link to a page/post etc.. but will act as anchor instead of a link. If you do not wish to have this functionality and would prefer a standard design navigation, then I recommend you replace the NavBar section with the Nav Classic.

2. This is most likely cause by either a plugin or custom code. Therefore, I recommend you disable all non-PageLines plugins and see if this resolves the issue.

#3 rpeople

rpeople

• Members

• 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:27 AM   Best Answer

Thank you for your more the fast reply. You do a great Job.

Point one is solved with your answer. I will integrate those first links in the menu.

The second issue is solved too. It had not been the otther plugins or custom code but a stupid mistake I made with WPML. 

Sorry to have stolen your time,

Thank you for the wonderful theme and Framework and your great support!!

Have a nice easter holiday

Gernot

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Thanks for informing us that you issues have been resolved, we appreciate it.