Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Navbar shows strange behaviour with WPML

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello

I am using WP 3.5.1 together with Pagelines Framework 2.4.1 and WPML 2.7.1.

My site is http://www.r-people.com/

I use Ubermenu for my Primary Navigation at the top. The second menu under the bradning section is a standard navbar, which behaves a bit strange. I want it to hoover but the menu title should be clickable to open the underlying link. At the moment it only fixes the submenu but it should open the link.
I really have no more ideas what to Change to make it a link. In the menu definition it is a link but it appears in the browser only like a title. With firebug it shows me that Pagelines attaches a #m1, #m2, ... to each link. How can I get rid of this?

If I cannot Change this behavior it is no big issue.

The bigger Problem is the following:

The more I placed a language selection from WPML on the navbar. Here another strange thing happens: The language selection can be made only partially related to the menu item I selected and the page I visit.

If I select the shopping blog or forum I can select the language again. If I choose other blogs I cannot choose the language selector again. It works only with the shopping, power and mobility blogs and all forums.
I checked it with firebug but have no more ideas what to change to make it work.

Thank you for your help

Gernot

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Thank you for your more the fast reply. You do a great Job.

Point one is solved with your answer. I will integrate those first links in the menu.

The second issue is solved too. It had not been the otther plugins or custom code but a stupid mistake I made with WPML. 

Sorry to have stolen your time,

Thank you for the wonderful theme and Framework and your great support!!

Have a nice easter holiday

Gernot

Posted · Report post

Hi Gernot,

1. The Navbar section is based on Bootstrap navigation design, where drop down menus are access upon click rather than hover. Therefore, any menu item that has a sub menu, will no longer be a link to a page/post etc.. but will act as anchor instead of a link. If you do not wish to have this functionality and would prefer a standard design navigation, then I recommend you replace the NavBar section with the Nav Classic.

2. This is most likely cause by either a plugin or custom code. Therefore, I recommend you disable all non-PageLines plugins and see if this resolves the issue.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for informing us that you issues have been resolved, we appreciate it.