Photo

How to change 'copyright' year on page?

footer.php

Best Answer James B , 28 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

hmmm ok, looking in the source code it's coming from a widget. So maybe they set a widget manually. Go to appearance>themes from the main wp admin area and look inside your sidebar columns, especially the footer columns one. There might be some text widgets in there where the code was added manually.

http://screencast.com/t/NOSrT0Zud

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pcshoa

pcshoa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

My first post as I'm new to the WordPress world.  I've searched under WhitehousePro topic and didn't see anything referring to this question. 

I'm now the content manager for our community website and I notice that the copyright year in the footer is still 2011.  I've Googled this question as well and everyone points to the footer.php file.  I have searched the footer.php for both the theme and general Wordpress theme and could not find anything referencing the 2011 Copyright text at the bottom of each page.  I've checked many many other php files as well and nuttin.

Am I missing something?  Probably something obvious.  :-)  Thanks!

• assomibatrifs likes this

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:24 AM

Hi there, I've just taken a look at Whitehouse Pro, in Whitehouse Pro>theme Options>footer options I see there's a copyright area in there you can edit direct from the wp admin area. Is this what you're referring to? Please see attached screenshot - http://screencast.com/t/NMpqNDX7U9C

#3 pcshoa

pcshoa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

Thank you for looking into this!  Unfortunately, this admin location you mentioned must not be the source for the copyright for my page.  My "Site Terms Statement" box is blank when I go to "Whitehouse Pro>theme Options>footer options".   I did a quick test by putting in some text in the box then saving, but nothing new was added to the footer area.  Interesting!   Any other thoughts?

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:19 PM   Best Answer

hmmm ok, looking in the source code it's coming from a widget. So maybe they set a widget manually. Go to appearance>themes from the main wp admin area and look inside your sidebar columns, especially the footer columns one. There might be some text widgets in there where the code was added manually.

http://screencast.com/t/NOSrT0Zud

#5 pcshoa

pcshoa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

Outstanding!!!   You're the best, thank you sir!   Yes, in the widget section under Footer Column, about the third text box down had the copyright year/info.   I'll have to explore the widget options some more too.  Probably some cool functionality with those. 

Rhett