5 replies to this topic

#1 jlsc

jlsc

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Framework Version:Platform Pro

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

Hi,

I'm currently using the single sidebar layout globally. I'd like to have images/widgets span the entire sidebar up top, but below that, I'd like the sidebar to be split into two colums/sidebars so each image or widget takes up half of the sidebar. Is this possible? I've searched the forum without luck.

Thanks for your help.

Jess

www.MakeAndDoGirl.com

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

Hi Jess

Yes that's possible. In the drag and drop area you'll see an option above the sidebar for a section called 'wrap'.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

In there you can place sidebars to hold widgets, or sections like the 'contentbox' (a free container section from the pagelines store) or quickslider, highlight. Just make sure a sidebar or one of those sections is placed inside that area in the drag and drop, and that the sidebars are active on the page and the content will populate.

#3 jlsc

jlsc

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Hey James,

Thanks for the info. I'm only about 25% clear on how to do this. I've now downloaded and installed a content box. When I go to the Site Defaults and try to configure the content box is where I get lost. My goal is to be able to insert two different clickable images side by side that are half the size of the other images. Essentially, I want to be able to offer two different ad sizes in one main column (145x145 px and 300x145 px).

I've having trouble finding more info about how to use content boxes in the docs. Can you please help?

Thanks!

Jess

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

Hi Jess

Inside the contentbox meta in the site defaults you'll be able to add the content directly. To get two images/ads to display side by side you'll need to spilt the contentbox in two using the Pagelines Grid system, which you can find here -

The grid system is a series of shortcodes that you can embed your content inside, the span you'll need to choose for 50% of the contentbox would be span6, this will spilt the contentbox into two columns, you can place your ad code/image inside each column.

Full details on the contentbox section can be found here -

#5 jlsc

jlsc

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

Ahh! James! It worked! Amazing. Thank you.

1. How am I able to adust the spacing between both the side by side content boxes and then the rows of content boxes? I'd like to have the same space between the images, vertically and horizontally (and ideally, no space at all, just having the images touch each other on all sides).

2. I'd like to set up a content box in both the wrap sidebar and sidebar 1, but I'd like each to have different content. I'm confused because these both seem like they should be set up in the meta settings, but there is only one content box there to affect.

Thanks again for your help.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

1. You’ll need to use Custom CSS (in PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS/LESS). To find the Custom CSS you need, you'll need to use Firebug (or Chrome Development tools). To learn how to use Firebug for CSS customizations, please review this entire documentation and follow the instructions:

In your case, you'll need to increase the padding of the area, so you'll need to use this property:

(there's an example for reducing padding at the bottom of the instructions – but you will need to increase the padding instead by just using a higher px value).

2. ContentBox cannot be used in sidebars. Instead of a ContentBox, please use a regular Text widget in sidebar wrap and sidebar 1 (it has the same functionality as ContentBox and allows HTML).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sidebar, layout, drag and drop