Photo
- - - - -

Background change in posts and subpages - not feature

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 dvonz

dvonz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:47 AM

using station pro.
I would like to change the background color (content area where text is not the background of the page) on post pages and not my feature front page. I guess I would really like to know how to change the text area (content) background on all pages and posts but not my feature front page.

Is this possible? where would I go and how would I go about this?

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:21 AM

Yes, start with using the 'custom CSS' option you may try adding this and go from there: `.hentry {background: #YOURHEXCODE;}`

#3 dvonz

dvonz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:48 AM

thanks! this helped give me a start. I'll work on the details now. Thanks again, this little bit really helps

#4 dvonz

dvonz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:31 AM

Ok now that I messed with this for a few hours, I need some more help please. I can get the background, change text etc, BUT I can't get the headline for each post to change color, ie: black so this is great, makes text on page black and background white, .hentry {color:black;background:#FFF;} but no matter what I do to change the h1 it doesn't work? Is there a way to do an inline style for h1 so it overrides the main style sheet? Any assistance is appreciated

#5 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:04 PM

easy: `.hentry h1, .hentry h2 {color:black;}` hope that helps :)

#6 liasson

liasson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:36 PM

Ok, I just uploaded the zipped version of of Whitehouse Pro through WordPress. When I went to Appearance> Themes, I scrolled to the bottom and saw that the thumbnail was not visible. I scrolled to the bottom of that page and saw this: Broken Themes The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template. Name Description WhiteHouseProFiles Stylesheet is missing. I know nothing of coding so can you tell me what the problem is?????

#7 liasson

liasson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:39 PM

Oh.... Since I saw that the upload through Wordpress was broken, I also uploaded it via FTP... it still gave me the same Broken Theme....Question is...now that I have 2 Wordpress folder in my File Manager (1 zipped, the other is not) do I keep both or shall I delete one and which one should I delete??? Thanks...

#8 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:24 AM

@liasson Make sure you unzip the file you get from us! In that unzipped folder, you'll find a readme that explains installation.