Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Embedding videos on my site

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi

I am struggling to see how I can embed a video into my website.  I had intended to have a number of short videos on various pages (had thought I could use a Highlight box for this) at the top of the page.  These are not posts, as such, but the main pages of the site.

However, I have not been able to insert any videos.  I have tried downloading and using the Plug-in WP Video posts, but this hasn't worked either.  

I am not trying to put a 'click to play' sort of video, but one that runs automatically when a person goes onto the page.  I have seen that the suggestions previously made have been that the videos are uploaded to servers like YouTube, but this is a company site and that is not appropriate, so I am trying to embed files (which I have in .mov and .mp4 formats) from my computer.  

Help!!

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Catrina - thanks - haven't had a chance to go through the documentation yet, but if any more questions I will come back to the forum

Posted · Report post

Hi Martin

The link isn't working - gives a 404 error

Posted · Report post

Fixed the link...

Posted · Report post

Great - many thanks!  (Ps - love the icon....)

Posted · Report post

Do you need further assistance with this issue?

Posted · Report post

Have you already uploaded these files to media library?

Posted · Report post

Hi Catrina

Yes I had already uploaded them.  I have now found a way to upload these manually into post/page using HTML code (took me HOURS to work my way around that!).

But surely features, highlight box or hero can handle videos?