Photo
- - - - -

less child theme

Best Answer Danny , 26 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

Do not delete the style.css, as it is like you said for theme name, description etc..

All you styling custom CSS, LESS goes into the style.less file, as the style.less file supports both CSS and LESS, the style.css doesn't. All this information is on our customisation method and custom CSS documentation.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 camaran

camaran

• Members

• 161 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

Hi,

in my child theme i have style.css and work but if i add style.less is not loaded and the customization not apply.

how i can resolve?

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16313 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

Hi,

Please see our custom CSS documentation, it is most likely you will need to use one of the PageLines override.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also, you need to make sure that your custom CSS, is valid. LESS CSS is less forgiving than standard CSS, any errors or minor mistakes in your code will most certainly cause a Parse Error.

#3 camaran

camaran

• Members

• 161 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

but i can remove style.css and have only style.less in my child theme or i must have style.css for theme definition and style.less for customizations?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16313 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:44 AM   Best Answer

Do not delete the style.css, as it is like you said for theme name, description etc..

All you styling custom CSS, LESS goes into the style.less file, as the style.less file supports both CSS and LESS, the style.css doesn't. All this information is on our customisation method and custom CSS documentation.

#5 camaran

camaran

• Members

• 161 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

ok i try

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16313 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

OK and remember to use the PageLines overrides in your custom CSS, more information is available on the custom CSS documentation.

#7 camaran

camaran

• Members

• 161 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

for css is not a problem and also for child theme but i want to use less for more simple custom

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16313 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

All CSS goes in the style.less file, as I mentioned above.

If you plan on using LESS CSS, like you're, then the style.less file replaces the style.css file. Meaning, that there shouldn't be anything in the style.css file apart from:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

All your custom code, such as CSS or LESS goes in the style.less file. Style.css will no longer be used apart from theme definition. All this information is available on our customisation method and custom CSS documentation. I highly recommend you read through them.