Photo
- - - - -

Using an image for submit button

Best Answer Danny , 26 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

Hi Justin,

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide support to user created code. However, I would recommend you install the the Browser Specific CSS plugin and use the:

.chrome

.firefox

.safari

Classes on your custom button code. This will result in your custom button image being used on the browsers listed above but not IE, which should use the default code.

Once the plugin is installed/activated, use these classes in your code for example:

.chrome .mc_signup_submit input, .firefox .mc_signup_submit input, .safari .mc_signup_submit input { }

.chrome .mc_signup_submit input:hover, .firefox .mc_signup_submit input:hover, .safari .mc_signup_submit input:hover { }
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 justinn

justinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm just customizing another Pagelines install, and I'd like to change the submit button/general form button to an image instead of the usual css type.

Although the place I'm specifically using it is in a widget, my css seems to be being ignored in IE9 and overwritten with the default pagelines css gradient. Does anyone have any idea why it's not working in IE9?

Here's the code I'm using:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You can see it in action in the email form on the right hand side. Works perfectly in Chrome and Firefox, but not in IE9.

Any ideas, or any pointers on how to make it fail gracefully would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Justin

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16247 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:11 AM   Best Answer

Hi Justin,

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide support to user created code. However, I would recommend you install the the Browser Specific CSS plugin and use the:

.chrome

.firefox

.safari

Classes on your custom button code. This will result in your custom button image being used on the browsers listed above but not IE, which should use the default code.

Once the plugin is installed/activated, use these classes in your code for example:

#3 justinn

justinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

Thanks Danny. Will give it a try :)

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16247 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

No problem.

#5 justinn

justinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

Just a quick update... I gave up trying to use an image as it just didn't look right, but I did get a nice pure css button to work with the browser specific CSS button and it was actually remarkably easy in the end :) Have added that plugin to my favourites list now!

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16247 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

Cool!