Photo
- - - - -

Twin Shot looks different in Chrome and Firefox - no scroll

Chrome Firefox Twinshot Scroll Bar

Best Answer tinsky , 02 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

Thank you,  removing those 4 files plus another that I have found:

/libs/flex/jquery.flexslider-min.js

Has now provided me with a solution and its all working.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 tinsky

tinsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationForest Lake, Brisbane, Australia
  • Framework Version:Pagelines Professional Edition

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:46 AM

Website URL:   http://www.jacmus.com
Framework Version:  V2.4.1 Pro
WordPress Version: WordPress 3.5.1
Plugins in Use:  I have deactivated all of them and still no change
Server/Host:  Certified Hosting.
Details: I've just started using twin shot and want it to appear on my main page.  Its appearing, but when I use Chrome, the selections of the videos are on the left with no scroll bar so at the moment with only 3 videos, the 3rd one disappears and when I look at in Firefox the selection of videos its at the bottom of the video.   I am using the latest version of chrome and firefox.

I did have an issue earlier where the javascript seemed to have an issue and i had my hubby check it at his work and he had the same issue.  But this has begun working.  (I think it was a server provider issue for our internet as they use Telstra there too.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

Hi,

You have several errors on your site, all of which seem to be related to the jquery file called mousewheel.min.js not being accessible.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You will need to either upload the file(s), also making sure that all other files for twinshot are available and in the correct folders. If this doesn't resolve the issue, it may well be a hosting related problem.

Therefore, can you enable PageLines debug mode (PageLines > Site Options > Advanced) and also provide us with your PHP info please.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 tinsky

tinsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

I am presuming you mean for me to FTP it as I can't appear to download again through the pagelines dashboard as it says its already installed.  Can you tell me where I can access the files to download and then ftp up or how to uninstall and reinstall?  Thanks

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

To uninstall, please do the following:

Goto PageLines > Store > Sections > Your Added Sections, then scroll down and located TwinShot. Then click the deactivate button, the page will reload, after this located TwinShot again and click the delete button.

Once you have done the above, install TwinShot again. Once you have done this, reply here, so we can check to see if the js error has been resolved.

Also, can you please enable PageLines debug mode and provide your php info, which I mentioned above.

#5 tinsky

tinsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

Hi Ninja

I haven't provided that info, as you said "if that doesn't work" so I am going to try that first.  Also I'm not comfortable putting my info on those forums.  Even though I know they are only accessible by members, I like to keep information about servers etc private where possible.  And so once I've looked at the info you want me to send I'll decide, but I'll try the first solution as you suggested.

#6 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 2454 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

Thanks Tinsky 

Please let us know how you got on 

#7 tinsky

tinsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

Hi Martin

I just went through the uninstall, delete, reinstall process and Twinshots is not showing up at all now.  I'm going to login through ftp and see what's going on.

#8 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 2454 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

Install/Reinstall everything or just twinshot?

#9 tinsky

tinsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Just Twinshot as Danny  (sorry got confused with the Ninja before.. )  suggested.  I can see it when I ftp into the directory its where it should be but its not showing up in the page options, site defaults, select settings option.  

I use BPS Pro on my site for security and before I installed the plug in I turned off the AutoRestore (as BPS recommend before adding new plugins).  I haven't had problems adding plugins previously for pagelines or other plugins.   But I'm just going to see if I need to over-ride the whitelist... which I have now done for pagelines but still the same result at present.  checked the .htaccess and its all there correctly.

I'm off to bed for now 1am here.

#10 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:45 AM

Hi Tinsky

Let us know how you get on, make sure you have the Pagelines sections plugin installed and activated too, just in case you deactivated it when troubleshooting :-)

#11 tinsky

tinsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

Hi everything is activated and I've white listed the page lines plugins in BPS pro so it shouldn't be blocked by the BPS firewall - seemed the easiest way.  I was also using another firewall that my server provided and which works with BPS pro installed that a couple of days ago, but I have deactivated it.

#12 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

Hi,

I highly recommend disabling that Firewall plugin/script completely and see if this resolves your issue.

However, your issue was that TwinShot wasn't working as intended, the reason for this was that TwinShot was missing js files, which gave a 403 error. In my opinion the main issue here is your server and its configuration.

If you can send me your PHPinfo and PageLines debug info to:

danny at pagelines dot com

We can take a closer look.

#13 tinsky

tinsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

I've already turned it off etc when deactivating plugins yesterday and its one of the best plugins for security with word press and for me security is number 1 as I had a few sites hacked last year.  I'll send the php info shortly after I've had some family time (dinner time here).  i have noticed that pagelines is using quite a large portion of my cpu availability so very interested to know what you find.

#14 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

I'm stil awaiting your email providing the phpinfo.

#15 tinsky

tinsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

Hi Danny

I have a question are the scripts for this plugin minified?  If so, that's the reason they are not working and they only way to do it is to turn off my plugin firewall completely :(  which I don't want to do.  I have actually been creating a custom php.ini file over the easter break as the server php.ini file was set up incorrectly for wordpress use.  This has now been completed as of this morning, but I'm hedging it is because of the use of minified scripts... ?

Thanks

#16 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:47 AM

Yes some of the scripts are minified, but that is not the reason as to why TwinShot is not working, the issue is most certainly your server configuration and the security you have set. Although, you could probably remove the minified scripts, I haven't tested this myself.

You're going to have to make a decision on what you would rather have, a super tight server configuration, that offers little functionality which hackers will still be able to get into if they really want or a secure server, that allows for functionality.

I am by no means a server configuration expert but if you perform regular backups, keep PHP, Apache, MySQL, Wordpress, PageLines Framework updated and only use highly recommended plugins that come from the Wordpress plugin repository, you should be fine. I'm not saying that there isn't a chance you may get hacked but doing the above will reduce the chance of this happening along with keeping adequate functionality.

#17 tinsky

tinsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

Minify Plugins: If you are using a Minify plugin then you will probably not see Security Log entries / alerts.  Most if not all minifying plugins allow you to choose to exclude plugin scripts that you do not want to minify.  If you want to use the BPS Pro Plugin Firewall then you can choose not to minify particular plugin scripts so that you can use both minifying and the Plugin Firewall together.  It is recommended that you turn Off/deactivate minifying to get the plugin scripts that need to be whitelisted in the Plugin Firewall.  After you have added those plugin scripts to your Plugin Firewall whitelist you can then exclude those same plugin scripts from being minified in your minify plugin and turn On/activate your Minify plugin.

This is a quote from BPS website. BPS helped me to set up the custom ini file over the weekend.  Ironically, today I had someone trying to hack into my plugins folder to execute an uninstall script for CommentLuv.  My security stopped them and provided me with information regarding IP etc.

So can i do this with your minified scripts?  Are they set up to do this?

Last year in November I was hacked, which resulted in seven of my sites having to be resintalled and reset-up from scratch.  I was hacked a few years ago as well. The first time I wasn't using the Wordpress CMS but another, but last year I was using wordpress without any security. So yes, security is very important to me.

I am a writer and that's what i want to do, not have to continually fight back hackers.

All your plugin scripts are in my whitelist so all I need to do now is to exclude them from being minified in the minified plugin.

BPS is a highly recommended plugin from the Wordpress repository.

#18 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

Is the issue now fixed ?

#19 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

Ive never used a 'security' plugin and also never been hacked.

When WordPress gets hacked its nearly always cross site scripting, or uploading a file using a very old poorly coded plugin to a unprotected temp dir on your server.

If you provide me with a phpinfo file I might be able to give you a couple of pointers. Trust me just adding more plugins does not make WP any safer.

Its like bricking all your windows up then forgetting to actually install a door.

#20 tinsky

tinsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

So... someone has been trying to upload a file which has been getting quarantined because of my firewall and I've been deleting it as it had php coding as a txt file.

If you have a file, please send it to me along with instructions rather than trying to go through my firewall.

Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chrome, Firefox, Twinshot, Scroll Bar