Photo
- - - - -

Issue with About Us linked page when there are sub-pages

Best Answer Rob , 26 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

Hi,

Twitter Bootstrap is controlling this.  This is standard code because the click action in the menu is intended to open the child menu, not to take you to a link.  The way to do this is to use Custom Links in Dashboard > Appearance > Menus. This allows you to create a link for About Us in the parent level, then repeat it as the first child. Manually adding the child pages as child menu items at the same level with the 2nd About Us link will ensure that your visitors are able to reach the About Us page as well as the child pages.

Make sure you've unchecked "Use Child Pages" both at Appearance Menus and in the PageLines > Site Options settings.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wspencerii

wspencerii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

Website is cclaxin.com

Host is Justhost

and Im using all the latest versions of both wordpress and page lines

I have created a page called about us. And when I added the two other pages as subpages to this about us it no longer allowed me to go to the actual about us page. Not sure why but the link when presented in the bottom of the browser becomes cclaxin.com/#m1 rather than the acutal page. I created the menu by selecting the about us page so Im a little stuck.

Then, and not sure if Im thinking about this correctly, I would like to make the header background black. So i figured if I made the body color white it would encompass everything under the nav bar. But it is everything. So then I figured ok the body is everything and the content is everything under the nav bar. So I changed the body to black and the content to white and that still didnt work. So Im not sure if Im actually understanding it or if Im going to need to write some code.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:06 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

Twitter Bootstrap is controlling this.  This is standard code because the click action in the menu is intended to open the child menu, not to take you to a link.  The way to do this is to use Custom Links in Dashboard > Appearance > Menus. This allows you to create a link for About Us in the parent level, then repeat it as the first child. Manually adding the child pages as child menu items at the same level with the 2nd About Us link will ensure that your visitors are able to reach the About Us page as well as the child pages.

Make sure you've unchecked "Use Child Pages" both at Appearance Menus and in the PageLines > Site Options settings.

#3 wspencerii

wspencerii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:27 AM

Thanks for the quick response

Yes use child pages is unselected. I was hoping that you could use the parent in the nav as well. I just retitled it so it doesnt look like the link apears twice.

Any suggestions on the background content color/ Header color?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

Custom CSS will allow you to modify the color of the header area, or other sections as desired.

Do you have Firebug for Firefox? Or are you familiar with Chrome's Inspection Tool?

This site can be very helpful in learning how to implement customizations: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 wspencerii

wspencerii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

Rob thanks for the responses. The questions were solved. I guess I was wondering if I just stick the css in the code editor hooked to pagelines it will just automatically input it. If this is correct then Im thinking into this way to hard. hahaha thanks

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4985 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

Hi there, yes any css code you have you can place into the custom code box in Pagelines>site options>custom code and it will overrule the core css.