Photo
Business Branding

Branding Area Extra Appearing Beneath Image Instead of To Right

Best Answer ellenmva , 25 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

Hi Susan,

On your test site the width of the content area is 1100, on your live site it is 1056.  In Pagelines --> Site Options --> Layout Editor make sure it is 1100 (or adjust your css code if you made changes).

That should fix it (fingers crossed).

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 suecockburn

suecockburn

Advanced Member

• Members

• 43 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

My custom logo/header is 769 px x 240 px. The Branding Area Extra is 290 px and includes code to sign up for a free item.

The Business Branding section has been tested on a sample site (sample1.911smallbiz.com) and works perfectly.

On my client's site (lisadewar.com/home) the Branding Area Extra appears beneath the logo/header rather than beside it. See copy attached ... this has been removed until I'm able to fix it.

The information is entered the same on both sites --- tested on one before adding to the other.

1. Header image uploaded as custom logo/header on Website Setup.
  2. Branded Area Extra (see below)

Could this be a plugin or other conflict??? I just moved the site over to Pagelines a few weeks ago.

Attached Files

#2 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 332 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

Hi Susan,

It looks like you are using Doppleganger Bar on your test site and then Business Branding on the live site.  Don't know if you are just trying it differently or that is the way you tested it.

Anyway, the reason the business extras area is falling under the logo is because of padding that is added to the content area of the section.  To fix this, in Pagelines --> Site Options --> Custom Code --> CSS LESS put in the following 

#page {
  .section-business-branding .content .content-pad {
    padding: 0;
  }
}

I tested it with your logo and image from the branding extras.  You can see it here without the padding.

Let me know if that worked.

Ellen

#3 suecockburn

suecockburn

Advanced Member

• Members

• 43 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

Thanks for your response Ellen.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work. My apologies on the sample site ... I had tested the Doppleganger bar as another option ... it worked on the sample site as did your Business Branding (my 1st choice for this). But on lisadewar.com neither worked for having the signup option on the right.

Any other suggestions? I'm wondering if it might be some other plugin that is creating the problem.

#4 suecockburn

suecockburn

Advanced Member

• Members

• 43 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

By the way, I've put the Business Branding option on the Sample Site (sample1.911smallbiz.com) in case you want to see how it works there.

#5 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 332 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:36 PM   Best Answer

Hi Susan,

On your test site the width of the content area is 1100, on your live site it is 1056.  In Pagelines --> Site Options --> Layout Editor make sure it is 1100 (or adjust your css code if you made changes).

That should fix it (fingers crossed).

#6 suecockburn

suecockburn

Advanced Member

• Members

• 43 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

I can't believe I didn't think of that. YOU ARE BRILLIANT!!  It now works ... YAY! Thank you Ellen ... for super fast responses, graciousness and for helping when the problem had absolutely nothing to do with your plugin! YOU ROCK! :D :D :D

• Jenny and ellenmva like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Business Branding