WordPress Version: 3.5.1
Plugins in Use:

• Jigoshop 1.6.1
  • Jigoshop for Pagelines 1.4.7
  • Media Tags 3.1.2
  • NextGEN Gallery 1.9.12
  • Pagelines Sections 1.0
  • Ultimate Coming Soon Page 1.7.3

Server/Host: Hosted Webspace (Hosteurope WebPack M)

I'm trying to change the layout of my Jigoshop based store in Pages > Shop > "PageLines Meta Settings" and in PageLines > "Page Options" > Product Archive. All the settings are editable however the changes cannot be saved by clicking the "Save Options" or "Save Meta Settings" button. The page just reloads and all settings are back to default. And no changes are detectable on the frontend side. All other features of PageLines seem to work fine. Adding Products, Categories and other settings in Jigoshop also work nicely. The problem seems limited to things "Jigoshop for Pagelines" controls.

I can't figure out what the problem is. Maybe someone here can help.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

Hi,

Try deactivating Media Tags, NextGen, and Ultimate Coming Soon Page or any other non-PageLines plugins you may have.  See if this helps.

If that doesn't work, it may be that there's insufficient memory resources available on your server.

Please let us know if the deactivation produces results.

#3 thauma

thauma

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

Unfortunately, deactivating plugins has no effect. What memory resources should roughly be available to make it work?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

At least 64Mb allocated to PHP, though if your site is extensive or well trafficked, you may want to go to the max of 256Mb. You'll have to speak to the hosting company about this.

#5 thauma

thauma

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

There are 128MB allocated to PHP. So thats probably not the problem. Since the site is still un-launched, there are no traffic issues.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12968 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

Can you please disable all non-PageLines plugins and then enable PageLines debug mode please.

You can enable this by going to PageLines > Site Options > Advanced.

Once enabled please reply here and we can investigate further, if its not related to a plugin, it most likely a server configuration issue.

#7 thauma

thauma

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

Alright, done. Here's the debug_info so far:

WordPress Version : 3.5.1
Multisite Enabled : No
Current Role : Administrator
Framework Path : /is/htdocs/[...]/schembergers/wp-content/themes/pagelinesFramework
URI : 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Version : 2.4.1
Framework Build : 2.4.1
PHP Version : 5.3
Child theme : Yes
/is/htdocs/[...]/schembergers/wp-content/themes/pagelines-template-theme

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

PHP memory : 128
Mysql version : 5.5.30-1~dotdeb.0-log
Sections DIR : Writable.
/is/htdocs/[...]/schembergers/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections
PHP type : Apache2handler
Launchpad : Logged in ( thauma )
Licence : Dev
Plugins : 3
jigoshop/jigoshop.php
pagelines-jigoshop/pagelines-jigoshop.php
pagelines-sections/pagelines-sections.php

#8 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4978 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

I can't see anything untoward in the debug info, but we'll get a dev to give it the once over.

Have you made any custom sections/entered in any custom hooks or scripts into the functions.php at all?

If you switch back to the main theme, so the child theme is inactive, does the jigoshop meta settings save with the main theme active?

#9 thauma

thauma

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

This is essentially a vanilla installation of Pagelines, Jigoshop and Jigoshop for Pagelines. I switched back to the framework as theme, thus removing any customizations, does not help unfortunately.

I have now tired, reinstalling the JigoShop for PageLines Plugin, with some success:

I am now able to save meta-settings on the shop Page (not the Product Archive Settings in PageLines > Page Options). However some settings, most importantly the "Select Page Layout" while being saved, have no effect on the frontend side. The layout is always shown with a content column and a single sidebar column on the right. No matter which Page Layout i choose this stays the same. Settings like "Secondary Navigations" do work now.

I'm wondering, where are the meta settings supposed to be saved. Maybe i can check if there are some odd conflicts on the way from input to storage. So far the PHP-Error log doesn't throw any errors, warnings or notices on E_ALL setting.

#10 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4978 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:14 AM

The only other think I can think is maybe there's a corruption in the core files somewhere.

Maybe try re-installing Wordpress and Pagelines via the dashboard tab in the wp admin area. If you use firebug if you enable the script debugger on the page does it give any error or warning?

I'll check with our developer but as far as I'm aware all the meta details are saved into the database.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jigoshop