Photo
- - - - -

Custom menu for Simple Nav

pagelines

Best Answer Danny , 25 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

Hi,

Basically, you want to create a custom menu and configure your menu to work as your Simple Nav menu. To do this, create a custom menu, then go to Appearance > Menus and in the Theme Locations box, in the drop down menu for Simple Nav, select your menu and click save.

If you do not use a custom menu and assign your menu, Wordpress will use all your published pages.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wonderwoman

wonderwoman

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

Could someone point me in the right direction here...

I've read elsewhere in the forum the best way to have a horizontal menu is simple nav.

I want a horizontal menu at the very bottom of my page (simple nav dragged into footer section).

Now I have all my pages showing up in my footer.  Not quite what I was after.  I only want a few select pages to show up there.  Is there a way to do this with Simple Nav?

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17580 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:27 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

Basically, you want to create a custom menu and configure your menu to work as your Simple Nav menu. To do this, create a custom menu, then go to Appearance > Menus and in the Theme Locations box, in the drop down menu for Simple Nav, select your menu and click save.

If you do not use a custom menu and assign your menu, Wordpress will use all your published pages.

#3 wonderwoman

wonderwoman

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

Marvellous!

Never even noticed theme locations was there...

Thank you!  :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pagelines