Photo
- - - - -

Custom menu for Simple Nav

pagelines

Best Answer Danny , 25 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

Hi,

Basically, you want to create a custom menu and configure your menu to work as your Simple Nav menu. To do this, create a custom menu, then go to Appearance > Menus and in the Theme Locations box, in the drop down menu for Simple Nav, select your menu and click save.

If you do not use a custom menu and assign your menu, Wordpress will use all your published pages.

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 wonderwoman

wonderwoman

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

Could someone point me in the right direction here...

I've read elsewhere in the forum the best way to have a horizontal menu is simple nav.

I want a horizontal menu at the very bottom of my page (simple nav dragged into footer section).

Now I have all my pages showing up in my footer.  Not quite what I was after.  I only want a few select pages to show up there.  Is there a way to do this with Simple Nav?

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 19779 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:27 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

Basically, you want to create a custom menu and configure your menu to work as your Simple Nav menu. To do this, create a custom menu, then go to Appearance > Menus and in the Theme Locations box, in the drop down menu for Simple Nav, select your menu and click save.

If you do not use a custom menu and assign your menu, Wordpress will use all your published pages.

#3 wonderwoman

wonderwoman

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

Marvellous!

Never even noticed theme locations was there...

Thank you!  :D